Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just viewed ski-doo's new 2003 video.There was no mention of the new mxz line up besides the  rev....what is up with that?
??All the mxz modles now come in the zx-x  package....which I like... so I snowchecked the wife a red mxz 600ho.........She will love it.......My question is....... is this a sign to come that they will be gone in 2004???That would suck!!!!!I have a 2002 mxz 700 sport and love the sled....only 350 miles on it...this winter sucked.I tested the new rev.....it was ok.....but not for me.I just wonder why ski-doo left out the regular mxz line......Any opnions?
??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way guys....GREAT SIGHT!!!!!....But I think Paul Yarek is an Snowmobile.com addict!!!! LMAO...

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I don't think Doo is going to drop the ZX chassis for the MXZs anytime soon.I guess it depends on how good the REVs sell and how the MXZ ZX sells.Time will tell.

I also am an addict. LOL

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
yes im also a coke addict......oops i mean snowworld.com addict.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i believe that in 5 years the bulk of the sleds from all manufactures will be a rev spin-off.

eat me shorts, i think you are right but i also think there are those on here alot more than i, i just post quite a bit.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I think they'll see how the ZX sales go. Some people might not be ready for this so-called "stand up" riding style. I'll wait till next spring and see what happens, maybe I'll be riding a 600 Legend.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I think that there will still be the zx chassis.  I hope they make more than two different sizes of the rev in future years 'cuz then I think that more people will buy.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
midnight screamer,
 i hope you are right about the availability of more then 2 sizes, i am concerned about a gas sucking machine.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I wouldn't get too excited, people in my opinion they will keep the zx around for awhile, as for the rev I think the sales on that thing will be great so expect to see more sizes plus there's this fuel injected thing out there guess where it will be in the rev? I hope so cause I want one. Getting back to the zx ski-doo has a habit of keeping winners around so they won't drop it too soon

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (revrnd @ Mar. 22, 2002, 10:08pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wait till next spring and see what happens, maybe I'll be riding a 600 Legend.[/b][/quote]
I rode on a 02 600 Legend. Its nice but not for me.I need an MXZ to keep me happy.I like to hammer thru the bumps and the Legend just fades to fast.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Five bucks in Canadian Tire money says Ski-doo will have a SDI motor in the REV for '04  

I've got the brochure in front of me and the line is called the "MX Z-ZX" The models are as follows: Renegade, Adrenaline, Trail & Fan. There's no mention of Spring Break models, so I'm not sure if you can order a X version in the ZX. They don't show the X version of the REV, just the Sport in black or black & yellow.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I think your right about the sdi motor but I think you'll see it in more than the legend,and rev more like across the board.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
In the brochure it says that the SDI improves fuel & oil consumption up to 25%. Let's see, last year my 600 was set up (The lines lined up) from the factory so I had a gas/oil ratio of 23:1. With the improvement that'll be 29:1. It took 2 trips to the dealer to get the pump adjusted so it was 50:1.

It's too bad they're so worried about warranty that the oil consumption is so rich. Guys have posted about sleds being pigs on oil. And I have heard elsewhere people complaining about oil use being excessive. If they were set up from the factory to run 50:1, we wouldn't have near the pollution the greenies are yelling about.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (revrnd @ Mar. 23, 2002, 3:52pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If they were set up from the factory to run 50:1, we wouldn't have near the pollution the greenies are yelling about.[/b][/quote]
Well said revrnd

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Some very good sounding speculations here guys!  Does anyone have any ideas on if they are coming out with a new type of sled or a different cc class?  I'd like to see a 1500cc or atleast a 1000 cc tripple that is called Ulti-mach!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I don't know. I was surprised that the Mach Z came back for another year (2003). The first '02 I saw was the one HB Cycle had at the Kawartha Downs sx races.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts