Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 1998 mxz500 with a 98 Mach1 700 triple installed. It has custom Fast pipes and V-force reeds otherwise stock.

I have a freind that wants to sell his 670 twin pretty cheap. The engine is out of a 1995 Mach 1. It has 44mm carbs, base spacer, shaved head, must run 91 octane, 501 rotary, I think it has shorttys. Fast eliminator twin pipes. IT is FRESH too.

Would these two motors be compairable (speed acceleration)
I like to trail and ditch ride. My mxz with the triple seems front heavy at times. Do you think the twin in my sled would be compairable to the triple?

I love the power it has now. I just dont know if it would be as good with the twin? :0:

Tell me what you guys think.
Thanks Jason

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I dont think the 670 would compaire, but it does have a lot of mods so I cant be sure. But stock for stock its not even close.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
They better not be comparable...I jsut bought a 99 Mach 1

·
Registered
229 Posts
There's about a 15 hp difference between a 95 and a 98 Mach 1. It sounds like you want to know if a shim kit/head mod to a 670 will make more power than a 700 w/reeds to which I would say I doubt it. 95 Mach 1's came with 44's, short boots, 91 octane requirement, and I think the 501 valve.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not know the 95 Mach 1 came with all this stuff. I was just going by what he said. 15 horse less isnt too bad. Wouldent the 670 have more torque? I might just buy the motor, try it, but keep my 700 triple incase I dont like it. I keep thinking of a 800-Z too..... :D

·
Registered
524 Posts
A triple in that sled is a sweet package and the 670 wont touch it. Ive ridden one with the 809 motor in it and it was a super sled. The 670 is a great motor, in fact its my all time favorite doo motor BUT it wont run with a piped 700 trip.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
For your style of riding you may be very happy with the 670, but keep in mind it doesn't have as long of legs as the triple.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you are going to ride it in the twisties, the twin is going to give you that turn to turn acceleration you may crave, but out on the lake you can't beat a triple. Look at what type of riding you will be doing, and look at it from that perspective. In a 500' drag race I would probably give the nod to the 670, but beyond that, it all 700. However, if you primarily ride in trails, then you may have more fun with the 670 motor. Ahhh, decisions, decisions...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts