Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know how the 670 H.O. motors fared against the non-H.O. 670's out on the lake. :hallo1:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
:cussing: the 670 Ho would walk all over the reg 670
Heck..I've heard of the HO's running with mxz 800's

·
Registered
261 Posts
670HO'S REALLY COOKED, THEY HAD AROUND A 130H.P. COMPARED TO A REG. 670 AT AROUND 116 TO 118. THE H.O. SEEM TO REALLY HAVE LONG LEGS

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
They were quick but not that quick boys ;) I prefered my
98 to my 99 and there was not that much difference top end and the 98 was a much better trail sled IMO.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was Out on the lake last season and got smoked by an H.O. while being wide open on my 92 mach1. It wasn't even funny! Will see if that happens this year with my 97 Mach1.

Thanks

SWRules

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Originally posted by Mighty RX-1@Nov 28 2002, 03:36 PM
I've seen HO's take out mach1's.
LOL....I think not ;) (I have to !!! )

·
Registered
215 Posts
I regularly took out my riding partners 97' Mach I with my 670HO as long as we kept the race to under a 1000 feet.
Yes, he could beat me on occasion, but it was mostly the
other way around.
When I ran the sled on the grass drag circut, the compitition (in 700 single pipe) knew they were toast. When we unloaded at almost every race we would inevitably hear someone mumbling in the background "aw sh**, not another HO". Our only competition was another HO or the Yam 700 SX tripple w/single pipe.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A Yammy SX700! Good motor but not the speed demon i would be scared of. Ive seen piped and ported SX's pull like crazy but to touch an HO or a 670 for that matter...i dont know. ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
My last sled was a 97 MXZ670 and my current sled is 99 MXZ670HO Tony Haikonen. The non HO 670 is very underestimated in my opinion. With a few cheap mods that are well know here on the internet even the non-HO 670 rocks! I rode with the guy that bought my 97 several times last year and both sleds are close. At the beginning of the year when I first got my HO I could not touch my old sled. By the end of the year after some clutch tuning and general maintenance I could beat him most of the time. In my opinion the 96 and 97s are faster than the 98s. I don't know why but that is my experience. I have not raced a lot of sleds with the HO but I beat a lot of supposedly faster sleds with the 97! And as ar as the Mach 1, they need a loooooootttttttttt of lake and a loooooottttttt of luck to catch a good running 670. Sorry Rocketman, thats just my experience, I wish you the best with the new Mach and I am sure it will be a nice sled. A big improvement on the MXZ is to run the limiter strap as short as possible. I played with the limiter strap one day and made many radar passed. The sled picked up 7 MPH in 2000 ft just by shortening the limiter strap as much as possible!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mikespeed, I agree, the SX700 is not a bad sled but it not even close to any 670. I raced a 98 or 99 SRX with pipes and reed with the 97 MXZ and beat up on him pretty good. I am sure a newer SRX would have been a different story though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I don't know how the yams did on snow. but I can tell ya how them Yam's did on the grass (they were fast). I'm not a big Yam fan so I may be mixing up my sleds, but whatever it was, they allowed it in the 700/S class.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts