Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My father and i bought 02 mxzx 800 this year. The best we can do on a tank of gas is 50 miles. The first trip we made both sleds ran out of gas. I have turned the fuel mixture screw to one turn out dropped main jets to 510n still 5mpg. We had the carb recall done by same dealer on same day one after another is there anything that they could have done to cause the sleds to use this much gas. Thinking of  taking them to another dealer to be looked at. what do you guys  thinks.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
There was an article in Snotech magazine that has the "N" series jets actually richer than the non-N jets.  I will see if I can find it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is the track way to tight does it feel like the sled is draging something. Just a thought. I have heard big twins like gas but not that mutch.

Duane

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
dave63,
our group was stopped yesterday at T on the trails when another group rode up. one of the guys from the other group had a grand touring 800 with a 5 gallon gas can strapped on his carrier. he only had about 150 miles on the sled and said the mileage sucked but his dealer told him it will improve with wear. sounds like the big 800's are gas hogs for awhile.

·
Registered
91 Posts
2002 MXZ X 800
My first tank I made it 57 miles.
The second tank I made it 90 miles.
The third tank was just over 95 miles.
The oil goes quick. About 170 miles on a tank of oil.
I have to take it back to have the oil pump rate checked at the 300 mile check-up.

Still Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The track is ok. I have 300 miles on the sled. That would be about six tankful. the gas mileage has stayed the same it has not improved. the gas pours throught it at low speeds.

·
Registered
978 Posts
you should take it to another dealer, my gas milage improved lots after the third tank. It started off hard on fuel too but improved. There has to be something wrong there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts