Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Im new to this site, just registered!! Anyways, Ive got a question about these two sleds. MXZX and PRO X. I use to own a 2000 600 XC SP. Im looking at a new sled for this year. Its either of these two: 2002 MXZ x 700, or a 2001 PRO X 600. What are the pros and cons of both of these sleds?? I know that the 700 will have more power, but which one has the less weight, stronger chassi, better suspension... etc etc. Any opinions are appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have a 2001 Pro X 600 and love it not enough top end but out of the hole she pulls hard up to 80mph. The suspension is great this chassy can take a **** kicking. Clicker shocks all the way around which is a good thing. Rides not bad on the trails but on the big bumps you can really nail them and land like a pillow the suspension is excellent and I have never bottomed it out yet and she has caught some good air. I hit a speed limit sign with it and never did much damage just a ski so she is strong up front too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yikes man...Thats a hard decision..I had to Decide between the 800 Prox polaris or the MXZ-X800 doo....I Choose the Doo cause of the Riding postion was more reasonable ...The bar height is to aggresive on the Polaris. The sleds are so close eithier one you choose will be a good choice, but keep in mind that if your going to ride 70% of the time on Groomed trails than DO NOT buy a pro x...Its not meant to perform to its best in the trails..was designed for Ditches and race tracks. The MXZX is the best all around for Ditch bangin and Trail riding..Its also 9 pounds lighter than the PRo x...
JUst my .02
Spanky

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yes, the MXZX will have more power because its a 700, the Pro X will have better suspension. The shocks are clickers all around on the Pro X. MXZx is C46 in the back (stiff, but no clicker), and piggyback HPG up front. (no clicker) If you do HARD ditch banging, big air, get the Pro X. If your going to be riding on trails half the time, get the MXZx.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I had the chance to ride both a MX-Zx and a Pro X on the same day in the same conditions and both are nice rides. I found the Pro X suspension offered way more adjustability than the Doo but the Doo steering and handling were far superior. I also felt more comfortable sitting and riding the Doo and the Pro X had a terrible fit and finish. I don't know if it was just that sled or not but it almost looked like it was built in a barn. Things didn't seem to align up properly and for a 3 week old sled paint was peeling bad on some of the metal parts. It's a tuff choice but in my opinion if you are not a racer or a strickly ditch banger go with the Doo.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just a thought, what are the prices of the machines? I can' beleive it would be the same, not even close really. If price isn't a factor, go with the Doo.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't have any seat time on a Doo, but my buddy bought new ProX last year and loves the sled. What the others have said so far makes sense, as we ride pretty hard on the trails and the ProX did great last year. His must be a later model, because the fit/finish was fine. I know you would be happy w/this sled, but I don't know how much better or worse it is than the Doo, since none of my friends have Doos.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Go with the skidoo.

Fit and finish.
Engine quality.
Ride and handling.
Security system.
RER REverse(if you have it)
DPM (Bang on jetting, and fuel savings)

Are just some of the reasons why you should hope on a doo.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey SnoXracer, you happen to be talking about west-port marine in westbrook, maine would you?? Because I was there today looking at a 2001 MX Z x 440 racer, 2002 MX Z x 700, 2001 Pro X 600. The 440 is $5,500, the 700 is $6,500, the pro x is $5,500. I was looking at the Pro x myself. Ill probably finance that this week. maybe. If i can come up with a down payment..... Let me know if your in Maine, that would be great to have another guy from here!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts