Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed yesterday that when my skis are straight, my handlebars are turned about 10-15 degrees.  I suspect it happened a while ago when I nailed a (EDIT: Darn) water dip going way too fast and I got thrown into the bars.  I never noticed it until I rode a friend's sled yesterday.  Anyway... is there some sort of collar that i can adjust, or is it more likely that something is bent?  The sled still tracks perfectly and steers well, but the bars aren't straight.  Thanks.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That happened to me before......Put your sled beside a wall with the skies flat against it and pull on the bars untill strait......sounds brutal but it works and thats all you can really do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What also works very well is when your sled is clamped down onto your trailer. With ski guides on the trailer is even better. Just twist the bars in the direction they need to be.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sled-head @ Mar. 25, 2002, 8:10pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is you avitar a pic of your sled??..........If it is you have a nice sled
[/b][/quote]
yup, that's my sled.
 I just wiish I was happier with the ride.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sled-head @ Mar. 26, 2002, 09:39am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What do you mean your not happy with the ride?? The SS has the best ride on the snow.[/b][/quote]
The sled bottoms out constantly, even over smaller bumps.  Since this is my first sled, I figured that I'd just have to live with it... but on Sunday I rode my friend's ZR and it didn't bottom once.

·
Registered
757 Posts
You might want to make sure the electronics are working on the shock and it's not in default "soft ZL mode".  I noticed on another post that someone else had this problem.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
My friend had the 600ss and the 800ss and he was 230lbs and an agressive rider and not once did he tell me he bottomed out.  Does the ss have coupling blocks? Seriously you should not be bottoming out unless you get big air....then everything is going to bottom out.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My SS is coupled, or at least it should be.  I looked briefly for the "little black box" and couldn't find it, but my sled was built in September of 01, so it's not one of the early uncoupled models.

And even with the spring at the stiffest setting, the sled bottoms without getting anywhere near airborne.  18' moguls at 30 mph bottom it out unless I stand up to get my weight off the sled.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts