Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got everything back together thanks to thumbdoctor, and she fired up. Took it for a lap around the yard and all i can say is wow this thing has power. Stands the skis up so easily, only problem is i let it idle and the idle was too low so it died. Couldnt get it to restart for the life of me. I think its just flooded, but i havnt looked into it much. Any other suggestions before i head out to try to diagnose it?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Probably fouled the plugs. Don't forget the spark plug gap is .018" (NGK BR9ES). Best idle setting to prevent loading up is 2000 rpm.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea the plugs were wet everytime i pulled them. Never got the idle set up, and i didnt gap the plugs. plugs had no carbon on them tho, can they get fowled by just the fuel? They were very wet.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
yea the plugs were wet everytime i pulled them. Never got the idle set up, and i didnt gap the plugs. plugs had no carbon on them tho, can they get fowled by just the fuel? They were very wet.[/b]
Yes, plugs can be fuel fouled....

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thankyou for the replies. I guess fouling the plugs on this machine was pretty common since the p.o included about a dozen pairs of plugs. Guess i should clean them all out and get it tuned properly.

·
Registered
385 Posts
just burn the electrode with a lighter. leave the plugs out and keep pulling the cord. do it about 20 times and then put the plugs back in. if it still dosnt start then pull the plugs, burn them and keep pulling with them out. this is the fastest way to fix the flooding problem.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
gap the plugs like Thumbdr says

16-18thou

·
Registered
90 Posts
when it flood's try holding the throttle wide open and pulling mine does it every time and it starts everytime. also not really recomended but my plugs are 5 years old.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got it running good this time. Brought it to the lake for the first time and man this thing is fast. Thanks for all the help guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts