Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I come just to say that I've just started to do a full restoration on a old sno-jet that I had found on the farm. I'm not so new to the older sleds(i'm 17) i grew up with the 72-88 arctic-cats and yamaha's, yeah they are great. And i just got done with a 72 Ski-Doo olympic, i redid the suspention i put a tnt track, sliders, and got the sled going, and it runs fast! I'm still painting the hood though.....Ok, that was just a little history.(sorry if you didn't wanna read it) But, now for the topic :rolleyes: I'm having a few problems, were can I get some parts for this sno-jet? it's a early 70's modle, I need to get a new pull starter, new pistions and rings, and a carb rebuild kit? I have search the entire ebay site, and a few other sled part sites, and I am inable to find any thing to do with a sno-jet(in those parts) can some one give me some websites that could help out, the parts don't need to be new, but in GOOD working condition, thanks for reading

Big C

·
Registered
281 Posts
maybe go to mfgsupply.com and request a catalogue, it has more stuff than their site.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi everyone, I come just to say that I've just started to do a full restoration on a old sno-jet that I had found on the farm. I'm not so new to the older sleds(i'm 17) i grew up with the 72-88 arctic-cats and yamaha's, yeah they are great. And i just got done with a 72 Ski-Doo olympic, i redid the suspention i put a tnt track, sliders, and got the sled going, and it runs fast! I'm still painting the hood though.....Ok, that was just a little history.(sorry if you didn't wanna read it) But, now for the topic :rolleyes: I'm having a few problems, were can I get some parts for this sno-jet? it's a early 70's modle, I need to get a new pull starter, new pistions and rings, and a carb rebuild kit? I have search the entire ebay site, and a few other sled part sites, and I am inable to find any thing to do with a sno-jet(in those parts) can some one give me some websites that could help out, the parts don't need to be new, but in GOOD working condition, thanks for reading

Big C[/b]
Hi Big C,
The first thing I would do is find out what year your sno jet is. If it has a yamaha engine you should be able to find pistons,rings,etc.. fairly easily. As for the carb kit...what carb is it?? My guess it would be a Tillotson or a Kiehn (Keihn?? not sure on spelling). It shouldn't be to difficult to locate.Go to www.snojet.com . The guy there seems to know his stuff regarding sno jets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, I was looking around on the snojet.com site, and i found a sled similar, it was a 71 Star-jet delux, as for the carb i believe it is a Tillotson, but any way's thanks for the sites!!! And I just ordered a catolog from mfgsupply! thanks again

Big C.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, I was looking around on the snojet.com site, and i found a sled similar, it was a 71 Star-jet delux, as for the carb i believe it is a Tillotson, but any way's thanks for the sites!!! And I just ordered a catolog from mfgsupply! thanks again

Big C.[/b]

I'm not sure how complete the mfgsupply catalog is, but I have discovered that when looking for
Sno Jet parts on their site I can find a pile more stuff if I enter Sno Jet in their search box.
If you just enter the make, model, year search, it only gives parts from later models and
leads you to believe that they have nothing for early 70's stuff. Enter Sno Jet in the search
box and you'll see windshields, ski skags, clips, etc. Note: they list a track for the old
Sno Jets, but they don't sell it anymore! Good Luck!

Greg

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not sure how complete the mfgsupply catalog is, but I have discovered that when looking for
Sno Jet parts on their site I can find a pile more stuff if I enter Sno Jet in their search box.
If you just enter the make, model, year search, it only gives parts from later models and
leads you to believe that they have nothing for early 70's stuff. Enter Sno Jet in the search
box and you'll see windshields, ski skags, clips, etc. Note: they list a track for the old
Sno Jets, but they don't sell it anymore! Good Luck!

Greg[/b]

You could also try Al's Snowmobile Parts in Newport Vermont. You can search their site
with OEM numbers. Careful, though. Sometimes the part number they use is a small piece
of an assembly they are selling. For example, they list they bogie wheel OEM number but
describe it as an assembly. If you buy it, you get two complete bogie wheels w/bearings
mounted on the small support bar...alot more than just a rubber bogie wheel. Call them
and they glading send pics of what they are selling.

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts