Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me say first off that I'm not starting this to get in a pi$$ing match with anyone this is just my thoughts and opinion.

I was wondering why everyone keeps comparing the RX-1 to all the 2-stroke muscle sleds and the F7...I think Yamaha built this sled to be the best 4 stroke on the market, and I think they delivered. From what I see alot of people keep bashing the sled about how the ZR900 is faster and the F7 is faster...hhmmm...funny, wheres Arctic cats 4 stroke sled in all this, Ski-doo??, Polaris??...thats right they all go about 45mph so comparing all the 4 stroke sleds just wouldn't make sense....I don't think Yamaha built this sled to compete with all the 2 stroke muscle...It was built to be the 4 stroke king of the trails..IMO...I think people should stop trying to think that their beating a 1000cc 2 stroke and look at the sled for what it is....maybe one day AC, ski-doo, and polaris will grow up into a BIG 4 stroke...maybe....pray for snow!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Your absolutly right and when 2 strokes are no longer being made yammy will be ahead of the game ( as much as i hate to say :D )

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
right now it seems there is nothing to compare the rx-1 to besides the 2 strokes. that will change.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh...I thought for sure the other sled company's made 4 strokes...?? ??? :sarcasm:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Cats a coming. Go to snow goer canada and take a look at the gsxr-1000 powered firecat. For cats customers sake, I hope they don't rush something like that to market just to compete with Yamaha. The RX-1 has been in development for several years, which is obvious looking at the chassis that's built around the engine. Not a bash on the gsxr motor, it's a fine engine, but to hastily stick it in a chassis designed for a 2-stroke could pose many problems.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
IndyOneSki - I diasagree. When yamaha first came out with the RX-1 they were compairing it to the muscle sleds (Mach,ZR900,MXZ800). Saying its the fastest, and most powerful and so on. They made no secret who they were trying to steal market away from.

They made it clear that this was going to be the hottest ticket to speed this winter.

So if yamaha is going to play that game, then we should have a say in comparing it to the top sleds. Even though I dont understand how the same subject comes up 12 times a day and yet very little is known about the RX-1 to begin with.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well, they may have the fastest 4 stroke, I'll give you that! But how's that snowcross sled coming?? I really don't remember Yamaha ruling the snowcross circuit! Just trying to refresh your memory, thats all!

just my .02

FZ700

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
SO THERE YOU HAVE IT....... AND I COULDNT OF SAID IT BETTER MYSELF SWRules No really its true I agree with machzzz1

·
Registered
496 Posts
Originally posted by Machzzzz1@Nov 21 2002, 10:38 PM

They made it clear that this was going to be the hottest ticket to speed this winter.

So if yamaha is going to play that game, then we should have a say in comparing it to the top sleds. Even though I dont understand how the same subject comes up 12 times a day and yet very little is known about the RX-1 to begin with.
[/QUOTE]

That my friend is called advertising !

·
Registered
858 Posts
They could of advertised as best touring sled, seems to me that it could very well fit that category and the touring industry is alot bigger than the muscle sled, from what I've seen anyway.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Refresh my memory on racing?!?...when did i bring up that...there you go again driffting from the subject... For a min. there I thought You might go into a lecture about how fast the arctic cat 4stroke is..LOL!! :p :D :p

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Machzzzzzzzzzzzz hit it right on.
No doubt its a nice sled but will it steal top dog honours away from contenders like the T-Cat, Mach-Z,XCR,ZR-9 and SRX, I doubt it.
Still a nice ride.
:D
Rick.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Machzzzz1 you and sled-head are really good at cutting and pasting, please go find anywhere where Yamaha compared the RX-1 to the big triples? Their ads compared them to the 800 twins. It was either snow goer, super trax or onther sled mag that said forget running with the 800 twins it may be faster than even the triples! A rag said that, not Yamaha!

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I really find it funny how touchy RX-1ton fans are when it comes to others bashing the sled. You can't even compare the Yammy to what the others have done. Ski-doo, Cat, and Polaris designed sleds for a different market. Namely the people that like to hit the trails and tour. Yammy set there sites on more of the lake racer crowd. Most of the mag's admit that when you take the RX-1ton out of it's element, like nice tight and twisty trails, it handles more like a dump truck on marbles than a sled. It has it's purpose and it might be leading the way in high performance 4 stroke sled tech but certainly not in overall sled quality and trailability. If I want to ride a sled that rivals the RX-1ton I'll buy a big twin or a MACH Z. More power, lighter, funner on the trails, way better rear suspension, and costs less to buy and insure.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Arctic Cat will soon have a GSX 1100 four stoke. I think thats the model name.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if this new arctic cat with the GSXR motor outperforms the RX-1. I believe the motor is lighter and produces more horsepower but I could be wrong about that. The problem is like someone said before...you can't just throw a motor like that into a sled and call it a day. Also, I have always heard bad things about the Suzuki bike motors as far as reliability goes. They are fast and light but they aren't as bullet proof as the yammis and the hondas.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
MightyRX-1

This is some cut and pasting of yamaha motors web site.

1. Pulse-racing power and torque that blows away the competition’s big bore twins

2. this incredible machine has been engineered with one goal in mind: to redefine the standard of ultimate snowmobile performance.

3. The RX-1. Get ready to make history.

4. the biggest thing to hit snowmobiling since, well...ever.

5. it weighs in like an SRX 700 would, if equipped with electric start.

6. the RX-1 is hands-down the most cutting-edge high-performance snowmobile the industry has ever seen.

LOL. Thats straite from the desks at yamaha. And they are challanging all of the other sleds, not the skidoo, ac, polaris 4 strokes. This year if I see a rx-1 its hunting season.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mighty RX-1 is guess when get over 50 and need to bust through powder
and tear through the woods leaves the blood(don`t think it ever happen)
then the the RX-1 tank would full my needs.Bye the way its this the same
sled last spring that was going to be the fastest sled out thereaccording to the
dealers who snow checked all these sleds,now its a trail sled (groomed only)
winch should be standard.Going make for alot happen buyers who were "misslead"
on our wide open logging roads.just my .02 cents

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Where does it mention Big Bore Triples? Looks like the hit the nail right on the head with everything there buddy.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts