Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for everyone that responded to "Reentering the Sport"

Future plans: Reduce rolling friction by "Blue Printing" the suspention, adding any friction reducing optional parts. Lowering weight of rolling mass using parts that are available aftermarket. Dynamically balancing all moving parts, tuning the clutch to my riding style, and due to my weight, (Working on reducing that!) heavier rear springs, and possibly lowering the gearing. (Top Speed isn't my biggest concern, acceleration is) Adding traction improvement parts. (Studs)

Imediate plans: Breaking in the 500 MXZ. Learning it's handeling, and suspention in stock configuration. Praying for snow!

(Keeping in mind there is no relacement for displacement)

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
u might want to consider going a little bigger in my opinion u might regret ??? ??? ??? buying a 500 after riding for a while.

go for the 800 thats what i did. :devil: :devil: :devil: :hallo1:

·
Registered
678 Posts
I like my 500s, it's the perfect size for trail riding. Enough power, light, good on gas and oil, and reasonable to insure.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZIPPARS02mxz800sp, I REALLY spent a few moments before handing over the check,,, the 600 was ONLY $800.00 more! :) But I didn't have one single piece of riding gear at the time, and all I could count on at the time was a $600 rebate,, with the possibility of more. :) I got $1050 CASH back, and it wasn't enough! :D

·
Registered
745 Posts
I would have to agree with andw1, I owned a 440 before I bought my 700 and 600. If all you do is tral ride, a propely clutched 440/500 will stay up with most(except long straights). I like my 700 because I like to play in the powder and climb hills(no replacement for displacement). My wife rides the 600, it's just right for her. I would like to have 2 sleds, 1 trail MxzX440 and a 800 summit(you can wish in one hand and crap in the other, guess which one will fill first).
just my .02

:D
FZ700

1 - 5 of 5 Posts