Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unbelievable trucking week. Left Jan.28th. Got out of -35 weather at home here. Got out of Godrich late the same evening, and travelled through some of the most extreme snow ever. Could not see my rigs hood from Godrich all the way down Hwy 21. Got into Florida and had tornados. Got into Newfoundland after dealing with a bit of sea sickness from the 15 to 30 ft. swells the ferry experienced. And then wind and snow sometimes so bad it was scarey all the way into Corner Brook NFLD. Then had to turn around and run all the way back to the ferry empty in the same conditions, this time no wieght on the trailler. All in all I fell in love with Newfoundland. I would suggest anyone looking for Snowmobile heaven,head that way. Snow was so deep and awsome looking I want to move there. So there is a week and a half of living in a truck. lol . You seem to experience it all. Just don't have any time to enjoy it. lol. I will post some pictures, just have to get them developed and scanned.

·
Registered
252 Posts
lol i did the ferry trip once in the truck. i was so sick after i got off the boat i had to go to bed to calm my guts down.it was the worst boat ride i have ever been on.the worst thing is you gotta come back on it again to get back to the mainland lol.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
All in all I fell in love with Newfoundland. I would suggest anyone looking for Snowmobile heaven,head that way. Snow was so deep and awsome looking I want to move there.[/b]
THis is what I've been telling you people for years. I want to move back there.

My travels this past week have taken me up the 11 to Hearst, down to Hornpayne for a few days, and then home via the 17 through the Sault.

Want to know where the snow is? From about Kirkland Lake and north the trails look pretty good. Not alot of snow but very ridable. From White River and south the snow just gets better. The Sault looks really good, with lots of snow for playing off trail.

From Blind RIver and east things get worse fast. Not much snow at all through to Sudbury, though it's marginally better in North Bay.

And in response to another thread about the Great Lakes being frozen.... Lake Superior is NOT frozen, not even close. Not even a start on it, with even the bays being open, not even any slob ice out there. Forget it for this year, it's just not going to happen. Batachawan Bay is froze over, but I didn't see any tracks out there.

If you've got a few days and you're looking to go sledding, head to the Sault, Wawa, or White River. If you're got more time (or you live in Nova Scotia) do yourself a favour and head to Nfld, which is undoubtably snowmobiling paradise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts