Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought I''d share this story...
My friend''s wife and family wants to buy the "dad" a christmas present (a used sled) and I said I would help out. I go looking and find a 96
Formula 583. 1800 miles clutches just cleaned pics look great and I talk to the guy and ask is all that clean? Oh yeah it''s mint he says. He starts at $2300. At the end of weeks of e-mails and trying to hook up we are talking at $1900 with the spare belt new plugs and the cover. It''s worth the hour plus trip, right? WRONG.
I get there the motor is all warmed up, I open the hood and all the screws are missing to the air box and it''s not even on the end of the carbs.
I ask what''s this did you have this off? He says no, I don''t know what happened? I think I''m in trouble and I was.I got out the jack stand and put the tail in the air..(you should have seen his face,like I was(or anybody)actually just going to look at the armor all job and throw it in the truck)Long story short...2 missing idler wheels, 2 looked up idler wheels, small rips in the seat, the cross piece he said he replaced 2 idlers on is missing a bolt and have beaten themselves up, it a ''95 not ''96, slides are paper thin and there is at least 4 studs ripped out leaving a 1" square hole in a dry rotted track. I never got to the front end.SEEYA.... and what were you thinking...mint?!?! I guess that your "Happily Married" too. Rubber side down :cussing:

Last edited by Snow Monkey at Oct 11 2002, 07:43 PM

·
Registered
120 Posts
Gotta luv people who try and sell junk. I dont understand why people pay thousands for their sleds and expensive gear then refuse to do any maintenance on their sleds. Oh well, there are many dumb people who will fall for the ArmourAll clean look and end up with someone else's headache.

I know it wont be me!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Guys like that should get a good punch. I once drove 3 hrs to look at an owner described "mint" boat. When I pulled up to the house I said that boats beautiful. Then I approached it. 1996 27ft fountain cover ripped, inside filled with a years worth of leaves and crud, engine torn appart with the oily components all over the white ripped interior, and a cracked block and manifolds to boot. I said thanks for waisting 6hrs of my time

Last edited by Snow Monkey at Oct 11 2002, 07:44 PM

·
Registered
110 Posts
good thing you didn't fall for the old armor all trick. Some people are stupid and would fall for that. punch?? Ouch but I guess that would work..

Last edited by Snow Monkey at Oct 11 2002, 07:45 PM

·
Registered
387 Posts
F-em!

Man I does pis me off when they say mint or excellent condition... and you get there and they are in fair condition at best.

Of course their theory worked, it does get you there, but I just get back in the car and drive off.

If they were actually honest, and the advert as fair-to- good or similar, I would show up with a different frame of mind and in some cases would purchase the equipment.

I know I am not the only one, I put excellent when I sell my sleds and when the people show up they cannot believe they’re actually in excellent condition! Usually sell it to the first person that shows up.

The liars are only fooling them selves!

OK I feel better now... :sleepy:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Man that's funny.......not that u drove and wated your time but just the fact that people can be so friggin stupid! i went and looked at a truck the same way i called, truck is mint never hit low km's and well maintained.......yah right :angry: passenger side of truck totally replaced frame still bent and motor smoked when started(250000km's) what a waist of time ! punch is not enough :cussing:

Last edited by Snow Monkey at Oct 11 2002, 07:46 PM

·
Registered
116 Posts
I looked at a sled once, " said it was low mileage". I looked at the gauges, and they were full of silicone ! Did a u-turn and outa there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts