Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to bring it home today! I just put money down on it in August, but it seemed to take forever. I can't imagine the wait for those that ordered them in the spring!

I ended up getting a skid plate, chassis reinforcement kit, j-hooks, heavy duty rear bumper + hitch and a 1+1 seat for it. I am still going to put a tunnel bag on it and get a cover.

I think I am going to need a stiffer torsion spring in the back (I am a big guy and like to ride on the aggressive side) but will wait until I get some miles on it before I decide.

I was bringing it home through snow flurries - lets hope it keeps up! :D

dave

Here are some pics:

[attachment=40487:side1.jpg]

[attachment=40488:front.jpg]

[attachment=40489:back.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Sweet! I think the XP is a huge improvement over the older Rev, and I can't wait to se them out there on the trail.

I'm curious about the Chassis reinforcement kit you talked about. Where does it go? What does it consist of?

I know the new XP has been suffering from alot of bashing on sites like snowest, but I think it's going to be the sled to beat for 08.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
yes they are a nice machine. dealer here is just now getting the 08's.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Your Lucky I spring ordered and still waiting. :bash: Enjoy yours. :thumbsup:[/b]
my dealer has an 800 r renegade that someone backed out of. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
I finally got to bring it home today! I just put money down on it in August, but it seemed to take forever. I can't imagine the wait for those that ordered them in the spring!

I ended up getting a skid plate, chassis reinforcement kit, j-hooks, heavy duty rear bumper + hitch and a 1+1 seat for it. I am still going to put a tunnel bag on it and get a cover.

I think I am going to need a stiffer torsion spring in the back (I am a big guy and like to ride on the aggressive side) but will wait until I get some miles on it before I decide.

I was bringing it home through snow flurries - lets hope it keeps up! :D

dave[/b]
Excellent News to hear Dave! I'm thrilled for you, I hope you have the best, snowiest, winter ever for your new ride ! :thumbsup: LET IT SNOW !

Your Lucky I spring ordered and still waiting. :bash: Enjoy yours. :thumbsup:[/b]
Hang in there Rev-Head, wasn't it promised beginning of Dec? Won't be long buddy.

Snow4

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
On Friday I saw a couple of tractor trailer loads heading west on the 401 near Bowmanville (east of Toronto).

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NewfieBullet - Here is the chassis reinforcement kit:

[attachment=40497:chassis.jpg]

I don't know if I need it or not, but like I said I am a big guy and don't want to worry about bending anything if I jump on one side with both feet! It was only about $50 and rivets in in a couple of minutes. I figured it was cheap insurance. Dealer says this and the skid plate are being added to almost all of them going out so far.

I know a lot of people have been hammering on it for being too light - they think it will crumple if hit. Over on dootalk there is a guy that got a race manual - he says they only add 3 structural reinforcements to the stock frame to make their race sled. That is a lot less reinforcement than the rev needed! I guess only time will tell though.

Best news of all is that they did away with the 'nun' from the rev so hits to the A-arms will not require a complete tear down to fix!

Here are a couple of others that think it is pretty cool too!
[attachment=40498:kids.jpg]

In the words of the famous Christmas song: "Let it SNOW, let it SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!!" :)
dave

Attachments

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
That thing is awesome. I would require a 2" paddle at this point but otherwise that sled looks unbelievable, especially knowing how crazy light weight it is. I'm literally drooling thinking about riding one of those. The comfort, I mean to me that is the ideal of how the seat and footwells should be located. Look how you won't even have to bend your knees 90 degrees if you don't want to, but you are still extremely rider-forward. It doesn't force you into any position, it lets you choose. It will be SO easy, practically effortless, to stand quickly when you need to. Man, maybe in 6 years or so I'll be able to afford an '08 XP. That will be sweet. By then we'll know if they break easy, but I have a feeling they are going to be fairly tough, or at least no worse than the original Rev. The design is really smart, and lower mass/weight means less force of impact, so if it's just as strong as before it should be actually more resistant to damage when crashed/bumped/dinged/rolled. We'll see.

·
Registered
361 Posts
im adding an xp to my christmas wish list i think, just gonna sneak it on there and see what happens

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Looks great, I'm jealous :thumbsup:
I was curious to see what the tow capacity was of the stock bumper, don't know if it would hold up to the snow bungee??

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great, I'm jealous :thumbsup:
I was curious to see what the tow capacity was of the stock bumper, don't know if it would hold up to the snow bungee??[/b]
Thanks!

The original bumper looked like pretty flimsy square aluminum stock (don't know the size - can measure tonight if want). I don't trust it for anything serious. You can't put a hitch on the stock bumper and the heavy duty version wasn't too bad (around $50) so I got it.

The friend I ride the most with is getting a new Nytro mtx and has an 06 Attak. Figured I better beef up the rear bumper! :p

dave

·
10,054 Posts
nice looking sled,,,
I have also heard the bashing that the sled isnt strong enough,,, but my question is, do you really think ski doo is gonna bring a sled to the market that will fall apart when you start jumping it?? You may see some issues, but I cant believe you will see any more with this sled than you have with any other sled in the past.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts