Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked at a low mileage used 2up and am concerned about something that I noticed. There is apparently a way to raise or lower the sled relative to the suspension. On this particular machine, the original mounting hole was elongated by about a bolt diameter. The owner said the bolt was loose. He move the mounting to a lower hole on a bracket that had several holes. Also, on the opposite side, the track lugs were torn slightly from the track itself. Could these two issues be related? He believes he can get a new track under warranty but I am concerned about these things on a sled with only 800 miles and a year old. any comments?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
If I was the original owner I would be pushing the dealer to replace whats necessary to repair the sled properly not mearly moving it to another hole. It clearly sounds like the bolt has come loose at some time causing the hole to elongate and cause the track to come in contact with what ever and chew it up. It sounds like a warranty issue especially with such low miles.
If he can't get the maching repaired properly I would run not walk away from the deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts