Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my wifes sled, a 91 formula mx it has the real tall windshield, its nice for hitting drifts but looks terrible. I noticed the formula plus and the mach 1 have a real short windshield. I was wondering if those will fit on her sled and what to order? Right now the flared part is separate and the windsheild secures onto that. The formula plus I saw was flared but it was all one piece. it was a real short windshield, it stopped maybe 6 inches above the gauges.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
The low windshield is a direct swap. Just order a windshield for the '91 Plus or Mach 1 to make sure.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I know the tall shield looks like crap but the short one is TOTALLY useless,the wind hits you right in the nads! Well, I guess you will look COOL  
going down the trail

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Mikadoo, I forgot about that.
I switched for a while with a friend who had a '92 Mach on a day that never got above 0*F, without a leather suit holy ^&*( was it cold!  
I was running my '90 Mach that had the OEM windshield on it. Never any concerns with it.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I used to have a 86 Formula Plus with the Lo-Pro shield on it. It looked good, but was bad for riding. The wind wasn't so bad, but when you ever busted a drift high enough to come up the hood, the snow fell right in your lap. You want to talk about cold nads!

Look at style vs. function and determine which is more important before you dump the $ on it. And don' forget to ask her, she has to ride it!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I would tend to agree with 800MXZ--she may get pissed when you put a low windshield on and first time out she freezes her butt off.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have changed the windsheild on my 99 mxz and man does it look sweet compared to the original. It cost me like $110 cdn but I think it is worth it. Plus I rolled my sled so I didn't have a choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts