Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 97 indy 500 PULL START and cant get the darn thing started. It usually starts up fine but today the plugs just get wet and I keep on changeing them with no sucess - gas and key is on and so is the switch/up and tried choke in full down and half position. currently in the garage so I dont believe the weather is a factor. HELP my arm is like rubber can someone help me, Im embarassed just asking for help

·
Registered
75 Posts
seems like it is flooding it self
try to remove the drain plugs at the bottom of the crankcase to see if the case is flooded too!
then you can shut the fuel valve off to try to get it started so it dosnt keep flooding it self
most likly it is your needle and seat that is letting too much fuel in
hope this helps
keep us posted on what you find!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Make sure your kill switch is up and check for spark first. If you have a new set of plugs change them out with the wet ones and find out if you have spark first.

SWRules

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure your kill switch is up and check for spark first. If you have a new set of plugs change them out with the wet ones and find out if you have spark first.

SWRules[/b]
Hey thanks to everyone, This is what I did with much sucess, pulled air cleaner out and clamped throttle at wide open this will not let further fuel into carb, pulled plugs and pulled my sled about 15 / 20 times to empty gas out of the head then replaced the plugs and started the motor. What a FOOL am I. I guess when transporting my sled 200 miles I left the fuel lines on and with the wind going over the sled ( even with the cover on the sled ) fuel will push down into the carb and motor on this model. VERY NEW TO THIS FORUM AND NOW FULLY UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYONE WHO SLEDS SHARE A BOND! tHANKS AGAIN TOO EVERYONE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts