Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a good price to ask on a 97 440 Sno Pro? With let's say...3000 miles...

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's a sno-x warrior?

·
Registered
403 Posts
There was no sno-pro in 97. The 97 consumer model was the same as the race sled for that year. The sno-pro's didn't start untill 98. They are pretty much the same as a sno-pro except they don't have power valves and they were not called a sno-pro in 97.

As for the price-I wouldn't let it go for under $2500.00 if it's in good shape. I bought a 97 for the wife and the first day it was posted on the net, the guy got 17 calls on it-I was the first to see it though and I bought it.

Wait untill the fall and then you will have no problem getting top dollar for it. That sled even to todays standards is awesome.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Rocketman

Sorry for not being clear on that; to me, a sno-x warrior is a sled that has been sooooo well used
that is kinda looks like it needs to be melted down and made into pop cans. Last year, my bud and I went to Minnessota for HayDays; let me tell you, there were a lot of sno-xer's that would make great pop cans. To get $2500 for a 97 liquid 440 Cat would be great; but, to be honest, I don't think I could get much more than $3000 for my 2000 ZR440 Sno Pro with almost as many miles. The market for used sleds, especially now is not that great. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I just got a '99 SnoPro a few weeks ago and think I got a pretty good deal. It just needs to be re-jetted and maybe some clutch work. The guy said it'd been raced by his friend once, but it looked like more than that, but maybe that was because he said he rolled it.
Anyway, it's in pretty decent shape and it came with a one year old two-place aluminum trailer. He was asking $3,500 and I got it for $2,900!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts