Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 76 Yamaha 440 GP, I finally got the engine to run (after accidently going into a water hole the evening of 12/06), however there's something screwed up with the track ... it doesn't move or go forward if you put any weight on it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
24 Posts
check the main driver.. maybe its frozen.. was the sled out side..

could be in the clutch as well..

Skoka

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
u mean u cant spin the track with belt off? need a little more info[/b]
the track moves just fine. but when i put the track onthe ground or my weight on the seat the track will not go any where

·
Registered
43 Posts
My 79' 440 Exciter does the same thing, along with many others, when i first go out for a day of riding. The clutches engage fine when the track is in the air, but as soon as I drop it try to move it, just smokes alot and then finnally takes off.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Check to see if the secondary clutch has shifted back, the belt should be very near the outside of the sheaves.
It is possible the secondary is stuck in a high gear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check to see if the secondary clutch has shifted back, the belt should be very near the outside of the sheaves.
It is possible the secondary is stuck in a high gear.[/b]
Thanks for responding, that doesn't seem to be my problem. The belt is where it's supposed to be, it's on the top and when the clutch engages, it goes where it's supposed to go.

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
195 Posts
seals in the bottom end? Maybe when you sunk it, ya got water in there that froze and popped a seal? Also, how's your compression? Could there be some sort of blockage in the air intake (air box) or exhaust pipe?

·
Registered
32 Posts
You might want to check you oil sometimes if the mix is set to high it causes the track not to go with weight on it I had the same problem with my 79 Enticer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
seals in the bottom end? Maybe when you sunk it, ya got water in there that froze and popped a seal? Also, how's your compression? Could there be some sort of blockage in the air intake (air box) or exhaust pipe?[/b]
Could be the seal, there's oil seeping out from the bottom. I'll have to check that. Thanks for the suggestion! All I know is the compression's weak because I can spin the clutch by hand, which probably also means a bad seal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts