Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
went on the first real ride this year.....only a few miles...on my 93 phazer
wen i shut er down for a few hours and then went to start it again the choke was stuck on. so i took them off the carbs and pulled the cables out and tried the switch again and it was sticking again
last time this happined the choke cable had a crac in it and they would freeze so i replaced them but these cables seem fine... can moisture get in the cables even if they are good? or can they get sticky somehow? i pretty much dont know wat i can do about them
it seems like it must be freezing cuz it worked fine before
i also pulled the cables so choke would be off and put the chokes back on the carbs and it ran fine as long as i didnt try to use the choke or it would just stick again

·
Registered
9 Posts
Take the carbs off, and clean them. You probably have the choke sticking from within the carb. you should lube up the cable while it is disconnected from carb.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Keep the sled covered when outside. My choke cable freezes up bad if it's uncovered during bad weather.
I've got a butane micro torch, You have to keep the flame a ways away or you will melt the plastic.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep the sled covered when outside. My choke cable freezes up bad if it's uncovered during bad weather.
I've got a butane micro torch, You have to keep the flame a ways away or you will melt the plastic.[/b]

yea i left it uncovered for a few hours was prob enough to do it

do you have a studded track? wat do ya think of them on phazers?

·
Registered
49 Posts
in the middle of the choke cable the rubber cuffs wherer the splitter from one cable to two cables is can fall apart on me leaving the choke either wide open or closed, its only done it to me when i open it then try to close the choke and the rubber cuf slips off and leaves it useless... then it gets stuck closed. happened to me and i just left it closed and am not using it because it completely messed up as i discussed with big santa...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
today was mild so it was freed up i only used half choke just to not push my luck
but i startded it today without choke on one pull it never started that good before..happined twice today
but when it got cold it wouldnt go without choke even half choke took a few pulls

really i dont think i would get it goin without choke on a cold night is that bad?
anyone put a primer on thiers?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Just a couple hours uncovered shouldn't have had an effect unless it was freezing rain. You need to get it inside or maybe just go for a really long ride. once you have the cable dried out good just remember to keep it out of the rain.
I put a few studs on mine because I almost got run over by a bigger sled one day pulling out onto an icy road. I prefer a bit of oversteer, Just my taste. I can't remember the exact amount, 42?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts