Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New sled should be in soon and I need to sell my Pantera before p/u. Do you guys know of any good websites I could post it on? The more exposure the better. Thanks

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Ebay is king, but you will have to pay a fee to sell it there, i always sell stuff there.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
the auto trader {rv/boat edition} puts the ad in a booklet and up on the web. just have a look i am sure you people have something like that there.

auto trader

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I hate to say it but I highly doubt you'll find anyone willing to give you even close to what you are asking. They are going for that new as leftovers and less at some places. Atleast here in Michigan. That may be the reason you are not selling it. Never buy a touring sled and try to sell it with out losing mad money. Only the Grand Touring seems to hold any type of value and the Ventures. Just some insight for ya. Best of luck and what did you order?
Caleb

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i bought this sled new for $6600 and around here nobody has leftover Pantera 550's at all. They have plenty of leftover panther 570;s for 5800 plus tax. New Pantera 550's go for 6600 and up. so i dont think losing 1200 in one year is minimal. dealer offered me 5000 on trade in so there is no reason why i cant get 5300 for it at least. It has lots of extras and im throwing in a $300 jacket that is very hard to find. If you could buy an 02' pantera 550 for $5400 last year then I will drive to michigan to pick up my new 800 i paid over $8000 for.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Given the poor season last year and the large number of carry over sleds out there, used sled prices will be low compared to most years especially on  a two upper. Sledd Dog nailed it. Not trying to pick on you but instead saying you will have to be very realistic with your pricing. Good luck...Rick

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Actually coming to michigan isn't a bad idea. Alot of people come here to buy sleds. And there are tons of leftovers here. And 8000 is way to much for a 800. Nelson's Speed Shop offered me  a '02 ZR800CC edition for $6900otd last december and the 500 for $6300. I'd take the 5000 trade in the dealer is offering you. Is it worth the listing fees and phone calls for an extra 100-300? Best of luck man.
Caleb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts