Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok still messing with my 02 mach z it says that the coupler blocks should be centered between the two stops when the rear spring tention is set up right with the riders weight well im turned all the way up to #4 the stiffest setting for a fat boy and when i sit on it it still goes all the way down and hits the stop on the coupler block so i have checked and none of the shafts are tied up im good about maintainace on my stuff i have new rear shock and stock 5000 mile old rear springs. do i need like 2 up springs as im 310-315 and the highest setting on the skidoo decal shows 280 lbs on setting 4 ?if i need bigger springs where do i find a part # ?as once i order them im stuck with them they need to be right.as soon as i set on it its like compressed all the way and its a kind on rigid ride.when it comes back up too it comes up kind of slow not as fast as my wifes 02 mxz700 or our legend 04 fan 550 yea the suspension looks diffrent i think the other 2 are sc10-3's?i think mine is sc10-2?so whats the problem with the slow rebound and the all the way back against the stop deal with the coupler block???????? they say centered is set up right when you set on the sled? i just set down on the seat easy let alone move up and down like your hitting bumps and its all the was back hitting the rear coupler block stop and sitting low to the ground?????does the front shock have anything to do with this?? as i have not took this apart yet and removed the spring from it and looked at that shock yadayada or is it a waste of time??when i watch my buddys polaris next to me when we are riding its moves all the time up and down my stays low and his also rebounds pretty quick when you get off of it mine dont why????IS THE SPRINGS JUST TIRED OUT AT 5000 MILES.EVEN WHEN I GET OFFF OF IT ONLY RETURNS BACK UP LIKE 90% OF THE WAY IT DOES NOT COME BACK UP ENOUGH TO HIT THE FRONT STOP ON THE COUPLER STOPS IF I PULL UP ON THE SLED IT COMES BACK UP THE OTHER 1 INCH OR SO AND STOPS AGAINST THE STOP THEN???IM PUZZLED HERE

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I was in the same situation as you until I bought a set of springs and a C-46 shock all setup by Hygear. I got these used from a guy off Dootalk for 200 bucks but I dont know what they would cost directly from Hygear.
All I can say is WOW! Put 350 miles on them last weekend on some pretty ruff stuff and what a difference.
I weigh in geared up @ 260# and I have the springs set on #2 and only bottom out on the really big one's.
The springs are 8 coils instead of the stock 6 and a little fatter in diameter. I can get away with setting #1 most of the time but #2 is good all around for me. At your weight these springs should be fine. The shock also has a lot to do with the setting I'am sure.
I know the shock from Doo is close to $500.00 so look around for a used one then have Ross from Hygear set it up.
The cheaper way would be to just get a set of springs off a touring but the ride would still suck.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i still dont know whats wrong with this?can someone help me here with a part # of the big boy springs if thats what i need what else could casue my problem?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Your stock rear springs should be :
RD/YL 503189615 RH
RD/YL 503189616 LH

Big Fella rear springs are:
GN/GN/YL 503189522 RH
GN/GN/YL 503189524 LH

These are the same wire diameter as stock but are wound differently. As for the front shock coil spring wait and see. Maybe the front shock is done.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
i still dont know whats wrong with this?can someone help me here with a part # of the big boy springs if thats what i need what else could casue my problem?[/b]
Hmmmmmmm, must have been talkin to myself? :whatever:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts