Snowmobile World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I was in the same situation as you until I bought a set of springs and a C-46 shock all setup by Hygear. I got these used from a guy off Dootalk for 200 bucks but I dont know what they would cost directly from Hygear.
All I can say is WOW! Put 350 miles on them last weekend on some pretty ruff stuff and what a difference.
I weigh in geared up @ 260# and I have the springs set on #2 and only bottom out on the really big one's.
The springs are 8 coils instead of the stock 6 and a little fatter in diameter. I can get away with setting #1 most of the time but #2 is good all around for me. At your weight these springs should be fine. The shock also has a lot to do with the setting I'am sure.
I know the shock from Doo is close to $500.00 so look around for a used one then have Ross from Hygear set it up.
The cheaper way would be to just get a set of springs off a touring but the ride would still suck.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
i still dont know whats wrong with this?can someone help me here with a part # of the big boy springs if thats what i need what else could casue my problem?[/b]
Hmmmmmmm, must have been talkin to myself? :whatever:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.