Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought it this summer and got a little tired of looking at it in the garage. so i took my dad for a spin in the yard it popped a wheelie and ran around great. then parked it and got back on about an hour later to drive it back in the garage and i pulled the throttle and the engine sounded like it normally does but it did not move. so then i made sure it was in forward and tried again it ran but pretty slow but the engine rev's up like i'm  going normal . i lifted the track off the ground and when i give it gas it does spin like normal
anybody no what's up or did i $%^$ it up pretty good?? please help winter is coming!!!! thanks  

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Souds like you've got power where it should be.  Not to be too simple-minded, but are you sure it's not just the friction of the skis on the ground?  If not, then I would check the belt and make sure that area is ok.  Is there excessive smoke when you tapping the throttle and it's not moving?  I'm assuming the choke is off.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Smart ###$$$.  Is the Choke off? I really want to know if the choke is on.?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, you know TaxiCat I don't think that Jim was trying to be a smart *** and I think he hit the problem right on the head. Whan you have a lot of ski pressure on dry ground and try to move the sled foward the drive clutch engauges the belt and pulls the belt down into the driven clutch. This changes the clutch ratio to a point where the sled won't move. Sorta like trying to take off in third gear with a std. three speed manual trans. in a car. When we were ashpault drag racing we would see this happen at the starting line a lot. The only cure for that was a real stiff driven cl. spring. Next time this happens to you lift the clutch guard and take a look at the drive belt and clutches. Both Jim and I don't think there is anything wrong with your sled. All you need is about 10"" of snow.

Auggie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info)))) I did not take the choke question as you wish i'd had but no just so you know the choke was not on never use a choke it is a efi model so it usaully choke's itself! i think that what you described must have been the problem because i finally tried to ride it into the garage and away it went so i guess i wont be riding in the yard again untill the snow fly's .. but  next time i get the itch i will have to to just settle with setting on it and reving her up .  

A

·
0 Posts
Someone else had a similar problem on an ext, it ended up being a crank seal.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
...or you could equip the skis w/some wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts