Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...my sled has been a nightmare. Has anyone else dealt with the powermadd throttle extension for a polaris. I have it installed and yes, correctly, but even with the adjuster on the extension screwed all the way in, the thing idles high enough to engage the clutch...does anyone know what to do? i mean,do you usually have to adust the idle down? my friend is having the same problem, so apparently the cable thats part of the extension isnt long enough?something doesnt seem right and im stuck... any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
644 Posts
The idle should never be controlled by the throttle cable. Do you have the cable connections turned down at the carb body? Those slides need to rest on the idle screws.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The idle should never be controlled by the throttle cable. Do you have the cable connections turned down at the carb body? Those slides need to rest on the idle screws.[/b]
yep what trhe said, this is a common problem when installing an extension. you always need to readjust the cables on the carbs as well as the extension cable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, Im not familier with the adjustment at the carb body..... how do i go about adjusting that? Also, when trying to remove the old brake line in order to put a longer one on...the elbow going into the caliper broke off, so i have no brake line coming out of it. It broke off right at the edge too so i cant get at it...i may be able to easy-out the broken piece and just replace it, but if i cant...how hard is it to find/replace the caliper....? the nightmare continues

·
Registered
644 Posts
There's a nut, a locking nut, which is right against the throttle cover. Loosen that and then turn the threaded portion of the throttle cable end into the cover (the cover is threaded) to reduce the cable length.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Gotcha! thank you all ..... should be problem solved...for the throttle at least[/b]
and make sure the nutr on the carbs for the throttle are set the same. as for the brake easy out if you can or go to the dealer and get a new caliber

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still have not figured out what im gonna do with the brakes....fitting is still broken off inside the caliper.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good news! got the broken fitting out, and put all the new lines in, fixed the throttle, so its almost there. Now.....bleeding the brakes? done it on cars many times...but i must be missing something....whats the norm on going about this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts