Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this 95 pantera efi 580cc sled. And noticed that where the exhaust comes off of the moter. that one has a good seal and is clean and the other i dont see the rubber gasket and it looks oil covered. i am new to tinkering on the sleds but feel very mechinicaly inclined! can you guys tell me what is going on with it and should i be worried, or is it just as simple as a gasket changs and if so what is that gasket called? any comments would be helpful

thanks got Snow?? :hallo10:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
To me it looks like your just missing a gasket on the one side. I've had great sucess using a new gasket with a dab of high heat silicone on both sides. You can look the part number up yourself and check pricing on Browns Leisure World (its in Canadian dollars).
Rick.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I'm not suggesting he not use a gasket but instead use a new gasket with a dab of high heat silicone for a better seal.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all right , all right. I was gooing to replace the gasket but i didn't knoww if there was a reason for just the one side going bad. or if i should check for anything else that might have went wrong because of the gasket not having a good seal. :hallo1: THANKS FOR EVERYBODYS ADVICE !!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Its a good idea to check the face of the manifold with a straight edge. A decent flat file along with a little elbow grease will correct even a moderate warp in the surface. Go easy and keep rechecking with your straight edge and you'll be good to go. Looks like the last owner had it appart, damaged the gasket and choose to put it back together with either a tiny bit of silicone or from the looks of it nothing. Not all that uncommon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts