Snowmobile World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the motor out of the shed today and bolted it into my polaris chassie. I had oiled it this spring and the dealer supposedly looked at the bottom end in late May and said it looked great. I tried to rotate it with the clutch would it would barley budge. Took the head off and the cylinders and pistons look fine. With the head off i tried to move it by pushing on the cluctch and it still wouldnt move. Put a socket on the clutch bolt with a 1/2 drive and it broke the clutch bolt free and i tightened it down to 50 ft/lbs. It did turn about a 1/4 of a revolution, then i turned it the other way and it went back to were it started, maybe a little farther. I think that the bottom end bearings are rusted up. The motor has not been run in 2 years. One other thing, to pull the cylinders off the front two center bolts, do i need a thin walled socket to get them out? I have Craftsman and i couldnt get it to slip down over. Sorry about the long post Everyone. Im bummed out i has hoping to do some grass draggin this fall! Any imput would be great the motor has about 5000 miles.
Thanks,
Greg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts