Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant turn a left circle with my dads EXT 580 it turns right fine. But I cant figure out whats up turning left. I need any help I can get FAST.

Its alignment is fine and the handle bars are straight.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Tip the sled on its side and take the cover off of the bottom of the bulkhead there is a mounting lip that getts bent to were it interfears with the steering post just cut that lip off were it is close to the lower part of the post.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hey, Did you check the wear bars?? or Carbids? My old formula had a hard time on packed snow whent he one was worn. What kinda conditions are you on? Both ski's turn?? Any more info would be helpfull to trouble shot.

·
Registered
741 Posts
My brother once found an old socket or maybe a spark plug laying in his bellypan. It did the same thing. Kevin

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Do the skis accually go left and right to the full capabilities or is it that the steering jams when trying to turn left.  If its jaming you have to find out where.  I have no idea so try what snowrat said.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all your advise guys. I found my problem. I must have took a bump too hard and dented the underside of the sled up. And thats what the steering post was hitting. What ever I hit must have been hard cause it took a big gouge out of the skid plate.

·
Registered
394 Posts
sockets in the belly pan can be killer.  Had a 96 with a 9/16 lost under the motor.  Once and a while no right hand steering only left.  Fine for circle track bad for the trails.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sounds like little gremlins in the sled!! lol.. Can't say I've lost one in there and had it affect anything, but I have lost them for a while and found em in the spring!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a motor mount stuck under my post on my 97 zr 580 once. I didnt know where it had come from cause it was missing when i bought the machine. Next the I new all my motor mounts where busted and I was busting belts like crazy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts