Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i have an indy 600 but the track tightens up so much that when u hit
the throttle it wont even turn. i have been told by a few people that its
probably the front drive axle or front drive axle bearings. i have also been told that the sled will overpower the bearing and spin anyways wearing out the bearing collar and that the problem lies in the chain case or front pivot arm in the rear suspension. does this sound right?

thanks

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
<<<the track tightens up so much that when u hit the throttle it wont even turn>>>

What makes you think the track has tightened up? When was the last time the sled was run? Can you turn or rock the secondary clutch back and forth?

edit: <<<does this sound right?>>>

Nope!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what i meant by when i said "does this sound right" was if the advce that was given to me sounded right not if the sleds seems right i realize its messed.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
<<<the track tightens up so much that when u hit the throttle it wont even turn>>>

What I meant was, does the above sound right......and in my opinion, it does not. Thus the request for a couple of answers to figure out what you are talking about.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the sled is up at my camp right now so i wont be able to answer your question about the clutch but when we started the sled probably about 2 months ago now up at camp and we notices this problem it started and ran fine at first but then u would hit the throttle and the track would barley spin so im not sure whats happening. :(

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I doubt seriously your track has tightened up. More likely, the motor is running so bad it's barely running, can't get itself cleared out enough to turn fast enough to engage the clutch. Lots of blue smoke? Motor is set up to run right when it's in the cold. When they are run in warm weather, they have WAY to much gas and flood themselves out very easily - to the point where I'm guessing yours is at. FWIW

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
yeah, i ran my sled in 70 degree weather and it would barely move, like a foot a minute.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
If you put the back end up on jack stands, can you turn the track with 2 fingers? Start there, if you cant, track is too tight.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes there is ALOT of blue smoke that comes out of the sled when u rev it. i dont think there is anything wrong with the motor tho as all cylinders were tested and they all got 110. mayvbe it is the weatehr but even in the winter time it was having a problem when a friend of ours rode it but he at least old us that it was rideable and did work not bad but now im guessing that your right because of the weather that it doesnt even work ok it doesnt work at all. im going up to check it out this weekend at camp and i will take pics of certain things if people want me to. i will check on turning the track with 2 fingers but i higly doubt ill be able to turn it but ill try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts