Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a mach z engine im building i just got all the jugs back its made in to a 889 big bore with wisco pistons im needing some porting done or a thick basegasket but crank shop said cant use there gasket as they cant cut the head only on stock bore stuff can they do there head cut not big bores so now i need it ported just ffor lake and messing around not big racing im also torn between the psi pipes and jaws???i dont know if its worth the money to buy v-force reeds?i also need to know what years i need to have the computer reprogramed to use the pipes and who does it im getting a 98-03 what ever i get a fair deal on but i dont wanna have computr problems.i need to know can i or should i gut the air box is it worth the money to get the carbs bored?thinks i need to know from someone who has done it im good at doing the owrk and setting it up but dont want to spend money for nothing.so i need a good porter who wont rob me but is good and also someone who can reprogram my computer if i need it done?what do they do remove the rev limiter so i can crank it 9000 rpms whats the stock computer let it run ???
thanks
dave
p.s if anyone has any good used parts for me let me know

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dave, where ya from..? If you are near the Newmarket area (Aurora to be exact) in Ontario, I would try Chris Bondi at Bondi engines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
stock computer lets it run to 8900 rpm. you should go to dynoport.com and read the article on "tuning the rotax 800 triple". it's really good and i think the reeds are a good idea. 4 or 5 hp. expecially make a difference with good pipes. not worth the money to get carbs bored though. barely changes anything but reliability. you should try to find a machine shop that will cut the head. the head and base gasket with porting is a huge gain. all they have to do id cut the head the exact thickness of the base gasket and the compression will remain untouched. a machinist should be able to figure this out. ha, i am one. i would take the jaws pipes. power curve seams in the right spot.just my opinion though.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I agree with most of what triple_triple says. on the carbs I have seen blueprinting them to help. by this statement I mean honing the bore to spec only, not over boring it. are you gaining much? no, you are fighting for every last bit of hp then. it does not effect reliablity like the boring of the carb. seen some very close and some not so close.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts