Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just at a salvage yard and found out that they had a 2002 Renegade 600 there for sale.  It needs a hood, a belly pan, and there is a little bend in the tunnel.  He is asking $2800 for it.  The engine runs excellent and the sled only has 80 miles on it.  I think it's a steal at $2800.  What do you think??
I figured that it would be a great trail sled and then I would turn my 97' 440 into a stictly radar run sled.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
At that price how can you turn it down. I don't know personally but people on the forum have said that those tunnells bend back after removing some of the treaked stuff. I've seen mangled sleds brought back to life so this should be a breeze. And alot of sled for the money. I think the Renegades are the big future in sledding, they're so versitle! I bet you'll need more power to turn that track though. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Doesn't sound like to bad of a deal, but if you start adding it up, NEW hood and stickers, NEW belly pan, and all the little brackets and so on you will have over $4000.00 in it.
Go to white star auction.com and see what 02  MXZ's are going for [sicking] just over 4 grand, you might change your mind......

·
Registered
959 Posts
whats the site?? whitestarauction.com dident work

·
Registered
959 Posts
Thanks! there are sure some cheap sleds on there!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks alot guys!

·
Registered
110 Posts
the prices listed on that site must be starting prices. I wonder how many of them go for the price shown or very close??

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
This is an excerpt from the May 2002 price reports-"snowmobile prices were down some, as we all expect this time of year"

And this is from the june report-"Over 50% of the snowmobiles also sold, which is great for this time of year!  In spite of that, over half the snowmobiles sold! Plan of being here for the next auction on Saturday July 6th. "

They had brand new viper er's going for $5,500 last Jan. People just want them sold with no hassle or dealers want them gone and they right off there losses. You'll see alot of dealers at these auctions.
Caleb

·
Registered
374 Posts
Those aren't "starting prices," they are the high bids.  Somebody posted on here that only sleds that met their reserves are in the price lists but I have a hard time believing that.

Edit:  I just put the price list for June '02 in Excel and counted 252 items, they claimed to have just over 250.  So only about half of those items actually sold at those prices.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts