Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently swapped a 2003 700 skidoo motor into a 670 chassis but not sure wich line from oil tank goes to wich fitting on the motor right now I have it connected to the the fitting on the clutch side of the motor is this correct or do I need to make a change?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
The fitting on the PTO side is for the factory fill of Isoflex grease for the PTO bearings and is now a vent. Do not use it. The 700 is not a rotary valve motor like the 670 and doesn't have a return line from the auxiliary shaft cavity in the crankcase. You will need to cap the original return line or use a injection oil reservoir fro a CK chassis.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fitting on the PTO side is for the factory fill of Isoflex grease for the PTO bearings and is now a vent. Do not use it. The 700 is not a rotary valve motor like the 670 and doesn't have a return line from the auxiliary shaft cavity in the crankcase. You will need to cap the original return line or use a injection oil reservoir fro a CK chassis.

There is three fittiings on the case the one close to the pto is capped but the next one is a .straight fitting and is hooked to the tank. and the next one is hooked to the fuel pump ? Is this correct and do I have to change oil resevoir. I have capped the bottom line on the oil tank of course not the line to the oil pump

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Just make sure you have the lower aux shaft feed line connected to the fitting in the middle between the cylinders. The Series III engines don't have a return line. No you don't have to replace the reservoir but it makes things simpler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts