Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Arctic Cat Crossfire7. It has been stored all summer. I am planning on heading up to Gaylord on Sunday but I can not get it started. I have pulled my brains out and can not get the sled to fire. I poured gas into each cylinder and it starts right away. Just seems like it is not getting fuel. Any ideas? Please help ASAP. As soon as it fires up I am putting it on the trailer and heading north!

Shane

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
I have a 2006 Arctic Cat Crossfire7. It has been stored all summer. I am planning on heading up to Gaylord on Sunday but I can not get it started. I have pulled my brains out and can not get the sled to fire. I poured gas into each cylinder and it starts right away. Just seems like it is not getting fuel. Any ideas? Please help ASAP. As soon as it fires up I am putting it on the trailer and heading north!

Shane[/b]
How did you summerize it? Did you drain the carbs? Carbs are more than likely
to be taken off and cleaned! I put my SLeD away dry each year!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the dealer do their thing. I pulled the gas line going to the fuel rail and it has fuel. Any ideas how to fix it? And BTW the plugs are in a real $hitty place too!

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I had the dealer do their thing. I pulled the gas line going to the fuel rail and it has fuel. Any ideas how to fix it? And BTW the plugs are in a real $hitty place too![/b]
the injectors have gas and you have spark? how fresh is the gas. cleaning the carbs is a waste on this model :rolleyes: smart ars me , could not resist Dave. I had to attack.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Small amount of gas left in the tank that was old with the restore and 1/2 tank of fresh gas.....what do I do next?? I want to leave in 9 hrs! BTW 2 words for my next sled.......elecrtic start! LOL

·
4,440 Posts
Small amount of gas left in the tank that was old with the restore and 1/2 tank of fresh gas.....what do I do next?? I want to leave in 9 hrs! BTW 2 words for my next sled.......elecrtic start! LOL[/b]
never seen a properly stored cat efi not start right up. 3 buddys have them f-6 and 2 f-7's, well puree too. do you have spark? my 700 doo was the worst I ever had, taking 1,000,001 pulls to start it :rolleyes: well maybe not that many. but you get the idea.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes there is spark. So, your advice is that I still owe a few pulls?

·
4,440 Posts
yes there is spark. So, your advice is that I still owe a few pulls?[/b]
I would say, I have no clue from here, sorry. I doubt it is pulls short. these cats fire every year after about 3-4 pulls. compression is good I assume :confused: . which is a bad thing ,assume that is. when disected the word shows its meaning ###/u/me

·
4,440 Posts
assuming again it is not flooded?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

Shane[/b]
Is your battery fully charged? Restriction in the fuel line? Or, no compression.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
if it's not getting gas it still should be getting oil. plugs should look fouled from oil. take fuel line off at fuel rail coming from tank. have it in a container. while pulling it over is there fuel coming out of it. should be some kind of pressure. sounds like smart valves are stuck or dirty. if not pump may be stuck or bad wire connection. when you put gas in plug holes and fire. watch in tank. you should see gas flowing from pump back to tank bottom. if not your pump isn't working. check all wire connections real good. looking on manual disc to see what else it might be.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
under console where pump goes into tank. unhook wire connector to pump. should be a red wire and black wire. connect 12v pos. to red and neg to black from a battery. pump should run. if not pump is bad. look in tank to verify this. there is also a tank vent line make sure this isn't plugged with anything. this will cause your problem also. like a mud dobber nest. if pump runs and hardly any fuel going to rail and you see alot of fuel flowing in tank your regulator may be stuck. you might just tap on pump which is where your reg. is. this might fix your problem.if you see little flow in tank vent line or smart valves (screens in tank) might need fished out and cleaned. sorry for the book hope this helps.

·
4,440 Posts
well let us hope Jake helped you, get it going. looks like he gave you some places to look.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fixed..........stuck injector. 2 taps with a scrwedrive and a full tank of gas started on the 1st pull. I feel bad.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts