Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello snowmobilers! im doing a top end rebuild and need torque specs for the head bolts and the cylinder bolts, also im installing molly coated pistons and i have one chrome ring and one black ring, i need to know which one belongs on top. also i need to know which way the arrow on the top of the pistons needs to face. some have said they should face the center some say they should face out.. im confused.. please!! can anyone help me out.. thanks again and happy snowmobiling.... sledman_md. :lookaround:

·
Registered
53 Posts
hello snowmobilers! im doing a top end rebuild and need torque specs for the head bolts and the cylinder bolts, also im installing molly coated pistons and i have one chrome ring and one black ring, i need to know which one belongs on top. also i need to know which way the arrow on the top of the pistons needs to face. some have said they should face the center some say they should face out.. im confused.. please!! can anyone help me out.. thanks again and happy snowmobiling.... sledman_md. :lookaround:[/b]
The torque specs are as follows:

Cylinder base: 32-34ft lbs
Cylinder head: 20-22ft lbs

As for the rings the chrome ring goes on the top, the black ring on the bottom,
the arrow on top of the piston should point towards the exhaust port side, just make sure the ringland pins are towards the back (intake side) of the cylinder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts