Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I am new to the snowmobile seen and need some info. I just picked up a few older sleds and 2 of them run fine just need some TLC but I got a 93 Arctic Cat Panther Deluxe and it is missing the hole motor. So I have been looking around for some time trying to find a motor and haven't had to much luck. What I am wondering is what other sleds came with the same motor that my sled would have had? I know that the Arctic Cat Jag in the same year came with it also but what year rang do I need to look in. Any info that would send me in the right way would be good.

Thanks Alan

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Jag,Cheetah,Bearcat all came with the same 440fan in some models

bullet proof excellent gas mileage but low on power compared to other 440s but nonetheless great engines

·
Registered
5 Posts
That 93 Panther Deliuxe used a model AK44A5-A 440 fan coled motor. Virtually any Suzuki Spirit 440 fan cooled will work although the motor mounting plate may be different. The exhaust, carburator, and oil injection may have some subtle differences from year to year.

As previously mentioned the Panther, Jag, Bearcat plus the 440Z all had 440 fan cooled engines for a number of model years. The 440Z had dual carburators and a slightly defferent exhaust but still a 440 fan cooled.

Once you find an engine make sure you have the correct center to center distanace on the clutches as some motor mounts are different. Hopefully you still have the stock exhaust as each model year had some changes in angles, lenght etc to fit the body design.

Happy hunting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I do have the stock exhaust but just missing the motor with carb and clutch and all.

Also some one on another forum told me that a 500 or even a 600 motor would fit in this thing? Is that true or will only a 440 fit? The more options i have the better.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
sure but alot more work need to done

gearing clutching

if LC you would need all the plumbing and it is not worth the hassle

stick with the 440 fan IMO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will I fill like I kinda lucked out a little. I was able to track down the family member that took the 440 out of the sled to see what was wrong. He had the motor torn down so I was able to look it over. What I found was one of the bearings on one of the push rods went out and scared up the cylinder wall and put a good beating on the piston. The other one looks like it was never even ran and in awesome shape. So what should I do now? I was thinking of trying to find a rebuild kit and have it board out or still try and find a motor.

Does any one know where I could get a rebuild kit for this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts