Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Person(S) to ride with this winter. My old group has goten to old and decided that there done. I'm also not to happy about loaning out my "back up" sled just so I have some one to ride with. There's a few othere people but they think 50 mile's is a long ride and they never bring enought gas money.....nothing like spoiling a trip.

I live in Allegan MI. Near PlainWell / Otsego / Gobles area.

Looking for people that like a good long ride.....on more than just froomed trail's. Come on it's MI, what's a grommer.

I'd like to find some other people arounf here. If your not real close, maybe meet. I live 3/4 mile off the Pipe Line trail right out side Allegan, about 3 Mile's for the Gobles / Allegan juction there's also a LARGE stageing area's next to this junction...if my place is 2 far off the trail.

I have riden the Vanburen Trail's before, but they seem to repative for my taste and you have to come home the same way you go out.......

So who's out there....................

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
and a few of us from the eastern side might meet up over there too.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm looking for a Person(S) to ride with this winter. My old group has goten to old and decided that there done. I'm also not to happy about loaning out my "back up" sled just so I have some one to ride with. There's a few othere people but they think 50 mile's is a long ride and they never bring enought gas money.....nothing like spoiling a trip.

I live in Allegan MI. Near PlainWell / Otsego / Gobles area.

Looking for people that like a good long ride.....on more than just froomed trail's. Come on it's MI, what's a grommer.

I'd like to find some other people arounf here. If your not real close, maybe meet. I live 3/4 mile off the Pipe Line trail right out side Allegan, about 3 Mile's for the Gobles / Allegan juction there's also a LARGE stageing area's next to this junction...if my place is 2 far off the trail.

I have riden the Vanburen Trail's before, but they seem to repative for my taste and you have to come home the same way you go out.......

So who's out there....................[/b]
I know what you mean, it seems like more poeple are getting out or don't have the time.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Just hang out here on SW were always putting rides together. Maybe you might want to look into our SW stateside ride for charity in munising this yr . Last year we had around 50 riders from all over .

Most of the time everyone says something about going and most of them would love to have another sledhead to join in .

Right now there's 3 trips in the works, sw ride, grayling ride, and a gaylord boondocking ride. Not to mention all the one day and sper of the moment runs. Just stay tuned to sw

mutt

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will attend some group rides this year.....never been on one. Seem's every one in the local snowmobile club's just like to bar hop or just ride to a resturant for dinner.

I don't know what a lot of other people do but I tend to go out 3-5 night's a week for at least 2-3 hours. Some time's on saterday/sunday it might be 12-14 hour's. I figure ride it while it's here. The more people I can find to ride with the better. If some of you from out of state are looking for a place to ride I'd be more than happey to lend a "stageing point" and show you the trail's.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hey, Paw Paw area here.
Hope we get some decent snow.

There are a handful of people from the s.w. lower area. We need to do a group ride down here and get the chance to meet each other.
I sometimes end up riding alone when I ride close to home (Allegan to Berrien counties) so someone to ride with may be welcome. Oh, and if the ride is less than 100 miles it is simply a trip to the gas station so the sled if fueled for the next days ride. I prefer 100 - 150 miles if I ride locally.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Hey, Paw Paw area here.
Hope we get some decent snow.

There are a handful of people from the s.w. lower area. We need to do a group ride down here and get the chance to meet each other.
I sometimes end up riding alone when I ride close to home (Allegan to Berrien counties) so someone to ride with may be welcome. Oh, and if the ride is less than 100 miles it is simply a trip to the gas station so the sled if fueled for the next days ride. I prefer 100 - 150 miles if I ride locally.[/b]
when the snow comes so do I. :whistling: , not what your thinking. or is it? :lmao:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
versatileman now where talking.......I think I must fill my sled every night. There's also plenty of trail's to ride local.

I wouldn't know what it's like to go some where else to ride, never gone where I can't ride to.

I like the Allegan west loop to Middelvile and then the long way home.....that some times ends up at the shagnasty...I mean Village Inn just to make sure I found every fields drifts and fresh powder and then back roads home.

·
10,054 Posts
I am sure to end up at idooskis this winter myself. gonna try to make it up there the first weekend of December to get my son through the safety course,,, kinda hope to get lucky and have enough snow to ride while we are up there,,, you never know.
have you looked into the swcharity ride up in Munising this winter?? we have a great time and you will meet many friends that will become friends for life,,,, thats a promise. You will never have to look for a riding buddy again,,, thats another promise.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You are welcome to join our club. Do a google search for Wayland Snowmobile Club. We meet the first Tues of each month in the Fall & Winter at the Yankee Springs Golf Course near Gun Lake. We have local rides and many rides up north each season.

There is a club in Allegan and one in Gobles. You should check them out also. I joined the club for a similar reason. My riding pal sold his sled. I needed someone to ride with. That was 10 years ago. I've been to lots of fun places with the club. Togwatee, Canada, the U.P. etc. This year we have trips going to Colorado, St. James Bay (Canada), and of course the U.P.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know a bunch of the guy's in Allegan, they go right to the bar on there sled's. I don't care for the trail's in gobles much, even thought I grew up there. I don't know about in Wayland but in my area every one just want's to drink and ride.....not for me.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
you will not find that with our groups. we live to ride and you might not live if you drink and ride. A beer or 2 at the bar is one thing but that is where it should stop, and I wont even do that. Now afterwards :devil:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I will attend some group rides this year.....never been on one. Seem's every one in the local snowmobile club's just like to bar hop or just ride to a resturant for dinner.

I don't know what a lot of other people do but I tend to go out 3-5 night's a week for at least 2-3 hours. Some time's on saterday/sunday it might be 12-14 hour's. I figure ride it while it's here. The more people I can find to ride with the better. If some of you from out of state are looking for a place to ride I'd be more than happey to lend a "stageing point" and show you the trail's.[/b]
I'm from NW Indiana, but I would come up to ride with ya if we're not going to the UP that weekend, and I don't work Fridays. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Im even farther sw, stevensville st joe area. No trails around here. My dad lives in sisterlakes/dowagiac so thats where ill be riding. He lives just a minute from the staging area and less than that to the trail. He lives on a dirt road on the channel of magician lake. (polk properties). I want to also make a trip out to idooski's sometime.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The first rule of our club is- No alcohol until the keys are hung. That goes for the sleds as well as the trucks. I'm a little to far away though. If you ever want to travel to go sledding there are lots of trails around here and alot of support. It would be a lot more fun to go to the U.P. though. With the price of Gas that is pretty much out of the question for me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think you will find a certain percentage of bar to bar riders where ever you go be it Allegan, Gobles, or Wayland. My guess would be the club members would be much less likely to be part of this crowd as the club members are the ones who care enough to put the signs in, brush the trail, groom the trail, and deal with all of the landowner hassles. Dare I say landowner hassles created by the bar to bar crowd? It's a lot of work being active in a club. I don't know of any of the members that I ride with that would have a drink until the sleds are parked for the night. Good luck in your search.

·
10,054 Posts
we have a couple members around Toledo,,, I am about an hour south of Toledo,,, where do you ride firefighterred??

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have only riden around my house before...after drinking. You don't think your $hit$ as fast and jump's are now just small hill's. I won't do it again....I can't aford to buy new shock's,and who know's what else.

So If I ride in the Gobles Area...tward PawPaw....who's up for a ride ?

If I ride the West loop, tward middvile, who's with me.

Just trying to figure out where I stand ?

Gobles isn't that far for me, and can "stage"at my parents house. That way PawPaw isn't that far.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts