Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , need to buy new track for 00 xc 700 polaris , thinking about going with a 121x15x1 instead of .91 size which is stock. I want to stud it and don't know if there is enough clearance for the cooler on the front for 1 inch lugs plus studs, I mostly ride groomed trails in upstate new york and fields and woods around the house, any help would be appreciated, thanks , ron

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
you will have plent of room, a 1 inch track is good for lots of studs. if your running only 96 studs though id go 1.25 lugs

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
The 00 700 will let you do nearly anything you'd like to try.

So many different schools of thought from a trail riding perspective. I agree on going bigger than the .91 (unless you can find a deal on one!) 96 studs up the center of a 1" track is a blast to drive. Works great for a trail machine until you get a VERY aggressive driver on it. While still fun, he'll be looking for more carbide likely, and a few more studs, likely going with doublers, still staying in the center. An unstudded 1.25 works pretty good too, most are pleasantly surprised at that, and more and more trail riders are going that way. Most not missing the stud maintenance to boot. Studs in a 1.25" are a pain. If you're getting a new track, and the idea of stud maintenace/vibration/weight bother you, but you're after some of the safety insurance that comes with the studs, thinking the Ice Ripper is going to prove itself out to be the plan for many. From those I've talked with that have them, there are no issues with the studs or unusual wear. I haven't talked to anyone that's actually run one that would not buy another.

In my opinion, a trail studded machine still struggles badly out of the hole on bare ice. Studs have even less effect (they're useless) in snow where they can't reach down to hard pack. They do work very well on packed, groomed trail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

So many different schools of thought from a trail riding perspective. I agree on going bigger than the .91 (unless you can find a deal on one!) 96 studs up the center of a 1" track is a blast to drive. Works great for a trail machine until you get a VERY aggressive driver on it. While still fun, he'll be looking for more carbide likely, and a few more studs, likely going with doublers, still staying in the center. An unstudded 1.25 works pretty good too, most are pleasantly surprised at that, and more and more trail riders are going that way. Most not missing the stud maintenance to boot. Studs in a 1.25" are a pain. If you're getting a new track, and the idea of stud maintenace/vibration/weight bother you, but you're after some of the safety insurance that comes with the studs, thinking the Ice Ripper is going to prove itself out to be the plan for many. From those I've talked with that have them, there are no issues with the studs or unusual wear. I haven't talked to anyone that's actually run one that would not buy another.

In my opinion, a trail studded machine still struggles badly out of the hole on bare ice. Studs have even less effect (they're useless) in snow where they can't reach down to hard pack. They do work very well on packed, groomed trail.[/b]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

In my opinion, a trail studded machine still struggles badly out of the hole on bare ice. Studs have even less effect (they're useless) in snow where they can't reach down to hard pack. They do work very well on packed, groomed trail.[/b]

thanks for the info guys, thats why I love these forums, ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts