Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to put my gps on my sled and leave it on all the time. the one I have eats batterys faster that opra sucks down diet pills. I have seen cig lighters on sleds before but how do you wire one up. Or I would instal a rechargable battery pack if it would last long enuff.

Thanks
Duane

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
You can get the part that Dpaige posted right at your Skidoo dealer, I have one on my REV.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Do you need a battery to run that 12V plug? How much juice would running a GPS take away from other acc..like lights and warmers? ??? :hallo4:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
No you dont need a battery. Infact all the battery does is power the starter. It does not power lights, Warmers, or any accessories. Thats all engine.

So on a batteryless machine i wouldnt make a diffrence. Only diffrence is that the machine would not be charging the battery.

And the GPS would be using peanuts. You wouldnt even notice your headlights dim when you plug it in.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Machzzzz1 the only problem is a sled engine produces A.C current, a gps would need D.C current to operate, you would have to run the A.C though a rectifier,but I don,t thing the power would be constant enough to properly power the gps. A small 12 volt battery mounted on the sled and charged when needed is the best way or a battery pack would also work.

·
1,327 Posts
Originally posted by mr670@Oct 28 2002, 05:37 PM
Machzzzz1 the only problem is a sled engine produces A.C current, a gps would need D.C current to operate, you would have to run the A.C though a rectifier,but I don,t thing the power would be constant enough to properly power the gps. A small 12 volt battery mounted on the sled and charged when needed is the best way or a battery pack would also work.
All of the required hardware comes with the kit.

It's a bolt on factory ski doo part.

I haven't had any problems in the past.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts