Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00 ZR 500.  I have added V-Force2 Reeds, Reed block spacers, and a Black Magic mono block head with inserts.  I live in ND so my elevation is in the 0-1000 foot area.  I'm running 350 mains with all other settings still stock after installing the head.  I plan on adding a 1 degree offset ignition key this weekend and I'm wondering what adjustments I need to make.  The carbs are the stock 38mm roundslides.  I always here about guys changing a clip position and I'm not really sure what the means or what it affects.  Any help, suggestions, or links would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
458 Posts
zr500;  the raising or lowering of the needle is a mid-range fuel adustment, LOWERING the needle;  i,e, RAISING the C-clip LEANS the mixture out,, Raising the needle,,, Lowering the C-clip richens the mixture,, If your carbs are set from the factory there in the middle poss.  there are 5 possitions,,  i would run good gas and Watch your plugs and ( pistion wash) especially if your going to advance timeing,,,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure about the 2000's, but I've always heard from guys runnin EGT's that the 500's have a lean spot near 7000 RPM, so leanin out the needle could be dangerous.  350 main's sounds really rich for not being piped and no air box mod.  Most people seem to be runnin the 5's on 320 and 330 main's.  Myself, I run 330's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts