Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the thing,I got it ready to go back together (chain case with new bearings etc.)
I look down at the lower seal where the drive goes through and theres a little round spring
like the ones that go in seals to hold the seal around the shaft..but I see no place for it...
anyone know?????
1997 Formula 500 THUMBDOCTOR where are you :lookaround: :p

I hope to take a picture when I head out,I know its hard to know without seeing :unsure:

·
Registered
193 Posts
ok heres the thing,I got it ready to go back together (chain case with new bearings etc.)
I look down at the lower seal where the drive goes through and theres a little round spring
like the ones that go in seals to hold the seal around the shaft..but I see no place for it...
anyone know?????

I hope to take a picture when I head out,I know its hard to know without seeing :unsure:[/b]
I have a picture if you send me your email i will try to send it .Crash dummy

·
Registered
193 Posts
anyone know?????

I hope to take a picture when I head out,I know its hard to know without seeing :unsure:[/b]
sorry i was loking at deluxe model, there is springs on lower gear, the only spring on formula 500 shows it at the top gear. there is the( cotter pin, nut, spring, washer, sprocket,shim,)dave

·
Registered
76 Posts
probably came out of lower seal during disassembly but.... go to www.xtrememotorsports look at microfiche breakdown of chain case

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
probably came out of lower seal during disassembly but.... go to www.xtrememotorsports look at microfiche breakdown of chain case[/b]
actually I have a print out of that exact fiche and it one shows the "seal" nothing around or in them.. Im going to go take a pic and I'll post it in a couple minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took out the seal and see it gos inside like I was thinking it should...but when I took it off the other night the spring was just floating around and I couldnt see where it came from.

[attachment=33280:seal.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
I took out the seal and see it gos inside like I was thinking it should...but when I took it off the other night the spring was just floating around and I couldnt see where it came from.

[attachment=33280:seal.JPG][/b]
Good deal, Hope you are up and running soon, Happy Sleddin from over here in Wilton Me.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good deal, Hope you are up and running soon, Happy Sleddin from over here in Wilton Me.[/b]
WOW a ME. sledder :thumbsup: dont see that here very often..
Im on the coast and we have about 2 inches of snow here in the yard thats IT! :bash:
if this sled is all fixed when im done with no noises we hope to be heading North in a week or 2.
2 years in a row and sled troubles and no snow :cussing:
Thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts