Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a trip planned in febuary and I know the security is tight.I don't want any problems so I need to know what I will need to get into canada?birth certificate,things like that?I am riding in st.donat.(CAN"T WAIT)
Thanks for any input.........Baddude SWRules

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Bring your drivers license, registration & proof of insurance. Quebec guys, is the insurance from your home state/province good enough for riding in Quebec? A friend who rode in Quebec last winter said something about buying insurance w/ his trail permit. I didn't ask anything else about it.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Not a big deal. Make sure you have proper ID (birth certificate, drivers lic, a passport is always the best) and all the paper work for your sled(s), vehicle and trailer. Theres a good chance you won't be asked for any of the above but be prepared and it'll be smooth sailing at the border. Don't forget to buy a trail permit, like most places, they don't have a sense of humore if you don't.
Have a good trip, the trails in that area are a treat.
Rick.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Unless things have changed this year, liability insurance is included in the cost of your trail pass. Do a web search under snowmobiling in Quebec and contact tourism Quebec. They'll send you info and maps of the area your traveling to.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
In Quebec mandatory insurance comes with your trail permit. If you have a passport I'd bring that. Best ID. The FMQ will be on you if you dont have a permit. There are spot checks for this. You will LOVE St. Donant Baddude. It is a great place to ride.

There is an abandoned ski hill around there that is really cool check it out ;)

Last edited by LadyK at Oct 20 2002, 08:30 PM

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
LadyK, thanks for clearing up the insurance thing.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys and gals.
Lady K,
Are you talking about the one in st.michelle?(abandoned ski hill).The one with the big cross on top of it.If so, I rode up that 2 years ago.What a rush.I have also seen sleds come tumbling down also.(not good)
Baddude :sly:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks ,I will have to find it, and check that out when I make my trip.
Baddude :)

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Yes, highland same requirements.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts