Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 1989 Polaris Indy Trail 500.... just wondering if anyone can give me some information on them.... what are the positive and negatives on them?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
the engine is rock solid and is almost impossible to break. you have a standard 7 inch travel front suspension and a xc 100 rear suspension with 8 inches of travel. it a good old trail sled and that about it. no complicated stuff just basic. reliable and easy to fix if it breaks

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
just bought a 1989 Polaris Indy Trail 500.... just wondering if anyone can give me some information on them.... what are the positive and negatives on them?[/b]
Everything you need to know about that sled is in its name. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the chain is snapped on it.. and I was wondering if anyone new if the chain from a 1999 Yamaha SRX 700 triple will fit on the 1989 Polaris Indy Trail 500... any help please!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well the chain is snapped on it.. and I was wondering if anyone new if the chain from a 1999 Yamaha SRX 700 triple will fit on the 1989 Polaris Indy Trail 500... any help please![/b]
a new chain is only a few bucks...go get the right part..it will save you alot of problems in the future

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know where you get your chains... but everyone told me for the USA made its $48 and for japense its $34.... if you do know where to get chains cheeper please let me no... its 11x64

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dont know where you get your chains... but everyone told me for the USA made its $48 and for japense its $34.... if you do know where to get chains cheeper please let me no... its 11x64[/b]

i had a 88 indy trail, good starter sled. recommened a tune up and just see how she runs,,. good luck with the new sled/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts