Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 2001 700 mxz and want to take some bite out of it..so my wife could enjoy it ...a bit too much ,it scared the s--t out of her...could i soften up the clutch or????

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
My daughter wants more power, so I'll trade you her 99 mxz500 for it :D

OK, I'll throw in a few bucks :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
A softer primary spring will slow it down and take a lot of bit out of it. Drop the both numbers by 60lbs and it will be a pooch. So instead of say a 180/300 you would put in a 120/260. Just figure out what your current stock spring is and go from there! Good Luck!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Wow, sorry to be kinda off topic but, this is the first time i've ever heard someone wanting to slow a sled down!

Just pull one of the spark plug caps off, that'll slow her down! ,J/K

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Ya just pull off one of the spark plug caps. That is the cheapest way. Or.. The sled dosnt use all that power unless you want it to so just tell your wife to go easier on the throttle and she'll be fine. :p

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
This is a major longshot but on Seadoo water crafts with DESS you can get your dealer to program a learning teather that limits engine RPM and basicly cuts power.

To my understanding the Skidoo DESS is pretty much the same thing. Talk to your dealer see what he has to say about this. If he says it cant be dont ask a Skidoo/Seadoo dealer the same question.

I think it would work and it would be a great way for the both of you. She plugs in her teather and has fun, you plug in your teather and have more fun... :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
sometimes when i ride with my girl, i will make it a point to let my mach idle a bit too long which fouls the plugs, its great, the sled loses its snap...the funny part is she doesnt even know it!!!........then when im ready to take it for a ride ill throw in a fresh set of ngk's.....lol..

·
Registered
160 Posts
The easiest way to slow down the sled is to add a band or even tape around the handle grip this will reduce the amount the throttle can be depressed. I essience your making the distance between the throttle and the handle smaller. :sly:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Originally posted by Machzzzz1@Nov 10 2002, 04:41 PM
This is a major longshot but on Seadoo water crafts with DESS you can get your dealer to program a learning teather that limits engine RPM and basicly cuts power.

To my understanding the Skidoo DESS is pretty much the same thing. Talk to your dealer see what he has to say about this. If he says it cant be dont ask a Skidoo/Seadoo dealer the same question.

I think it would work and it would be a great way for the both of you. She plugs in her teather and has fun, you plug in your teather and have more fun... :D
I think he's on to something here. Because I remember the dealer telling me last year when I got my 02 MXZ X that it has a break in period programed into the DESS. Maybe I heard wrong, but it's worth a shot. Just ask the dealer if they do something like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it sounds like i have quite a few options......i like the dess idea.if that doesn"t work i"ll look at the clutch..........last resort leave the wife home.....just kidding.........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts