Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I am in need of a track for a 1991 Polaris indy lite 340. It's for a friends sled, he loves this sled and it has been very good to him, he was told that Polaris only used this track for 1991 and is very specific to this sled and apparently its a very rare find. Any info or help finding a new or good used track for this sled would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance ....

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Best bet would be to get a 121 rear suspension and track

lots of those out there for cheap

the 91-92 maybe 93 had a odd ball track size hence the reason you can not find them anymore

·
Registered
644 Posts
I think the reason for the oddball track had to do with the oddball drivesprockets which were very small - like maybe 3" in diameter. I'm not sure if both the Lite (340) and the Starlite were driven the same, but I think they were. I tossed such a machine with a useable track in our "help yourself" dump a year or two back. Too bad, that track was still useable. I know the drive lugs were spaced shorter than the standard tracks. (Does his machine have a direct driven driveshaft connected directly to the driven clutch?)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys,,, Yes, this is a direct drive... Any other info would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks Chris..

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Have you tried searching out used tracks? Try J'T's here in Ontario, 1-800-465-5668

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
look it up here

http://www.royaldistributing.com/shoppingc...dex_w_04_A.html

pages 152 and 154 is what you want, says 04-793 track

it shows it uses a 2.0 pitch and quantity 55

its defintely different.
good luck[/b]

Steve, Thanks a lot for the info. It sure seems like that is the right track, but It says it fits 91-92, just talked to my buddy who owns the sled and he said it is for a 91 ONLY. I will call Royal and try to find out for sure.. Thanks again... Chris.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
91-93 POSSIBLY 94 but not sure

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Check here for parts usage

http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

I had a 92 indy lite, was going to upgrade the track to something with a bit taller lugs, but ran into exactly the problem your friend is facing. The Polaris web page will show you which machines used the track (or drivers) so if you go the used route, you know what to look for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts