Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Get a set of mag arms go with about 19-20 grams of pin weight, 287 ramps, u can use your stock primary spring, use a goodwin blue secondary at b5 or b6, 26/43 gearing a straight 50 adjust pin weight to run around 83-8500 rpm's , we will be playing with a 99 mach 1 for radar running havnt done any testing yet for radars , but last year with a 98 mach 1 we ran 99 in a 1000ft, with no clutching or anything done do it whatsoever, hoping for 105+ with our 99 .

·
Registered
333 Posts
For 1000 runs leave primary alone,either a straight 52 or 54-48 helix set to 16 lbs and set up clickers for 8000 rpm to 8200 max, you will probably find every time you drop the clickers that you will pick up a mile an hour or 2,Does it have 286 ramps now???

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would personally leave the primary stock,unless you have some major studs which most likelly you would not want for radar runs.A few winters ago we did up my buddies 97 with reeds,a 54-48 helix and just a real good set up on the chassis and the thing was very fast in his class for radar runs.His always ran fastest at 8000 which yours should too,I cant remember what the stock gears was(24-44??)but we went up one on the top or down one on the bottom???but used the stock72 link chain.Even on the trails this motor was happy pulling that helix and gear combo(not real quick coming off corners)

·
Registered
107 Posts
u should be able to pull the 52 with your Z, i'd stick with a steeper helix if u want more mph, and yes drop the clickers down as low as u can go that will give more mph too, the mag arm setup will be good for topend compared to the stock setup, depends if u wanna spend the money, Hey John what kina mph u run with that mach z of yours?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice speed John, good to see the triples tear things up, but big sled2000 i still think u should run 8300-8500 rpms, as your 97 has end dump pipes and Johns 98 had the center dumps which like the lower 8000 rpm, jus trying to help u out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts