Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear people talking about "dropping needle position" How do I do that?? Ive got the TM40 carbs. I just got new needles, and installed them. (due to the ski-doo recall on 01 600cc's). So how do I adjust the position of them??

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
sledcrazy I'm not too sure about TM carbs I think the needle is fixed but on the Vm carbs (round slide) the needle that is attached to the slide has a circlip that holds it in place the needle had five grooves so you can move the clip up(dropping the needle) this leans out mid-range throttle positions

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I just looked at my book looks like TM,s have an adjustable needle as well hope this helps :thumbsup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
ask docrmk, he helped me out with this, says you need an allen wrench to get the slide out, on the tm there is a washer, you put the washer above or below the clip, same principle as the vm roundslide but a lot more adjustments.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Flatslides are the same, allen wrench to loosen them, then a circle clip, mine have white washers DO NOT DO THIS IN THE SNOW!! I dropped one of my washers off my deck and it fell in the snow last year I was very lucky and found it on top of my wood pile in the snow..........stupid me!!!!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
If you move the needles keep a close eye on your plug readings and piston wash. You can pop a piston in mid range just the same as at full throttle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can put the washer on top of the clip, it gives you about 1 notch adjustment compared to an adjustable needle. If that seems too much go to a Yamaha dealer, the have washers that are 1/2 as thick as you have and you can put one on top and one underneath for half a notch adjustment. They have adjustable needles available for the 700 and 800 but I don't know about the 600.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts