Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to Nelson's this weekend?  I can't wait! Only 3 days left!!!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Wish I could, just a little too far away for a one-day drive (I work Saturdays).

·
Registered
741 Posts
I will be there Saturday, not sure if the wife and kids are going yet.  Where and what tim do w meet? Kevin

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
SleddinFool. I'm going on saturday. Give  me a call at 248-544-1599 tonight after 7 and lert me know what time you'll ber thee, I'm going all day. Leave a message If I'm not there by chance.
Caleb

·
Registered
741 Posts
Caleb, sorry just got on and I don't usually call anybody after 9:00 p.m. I will (just to be different) be wearing an old scuzzy jegs hat. I may be with somebody that look just like me, (my twin brother). My cell phone # is 248-345-5851, I will have it on and will also be there all day. You can also look for my truck - red 99 superduty crew cab with snowmobile world.com and undeneath it "sleddinfool" on the rear window. Kevin

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
It's now 11:20 and I'm leaving in a minute man. I'll give ya call and see ya there. I'm hopeing to get a great deal on a trailer.
Caleb

·
Registered
94 Posts
Saw the truck Sleddinfool  but didn't see you Kind of gets you wishing that the snow would start flying ha. Did you see the guy that crashed at the end of the drag strip ? Ouch messed up the sled prety good  I was right at the end of the fence that he hit . What did you think for the show ? didnt think it was worth the 15.00 to get in    

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I missed ya to Kevin. I saw your truck at the end and was watching for you as i talked to the guy from HeelClicker. Then Polaris moved there Rig and blocked the view and you snuck back on me. I hear you like the call from my girlfriend though LOL!
b She was looking for me and knew that you were the last person i called and hit redial. I thought hat it sucked for $15 and I was also not there till 2:30. There were no REVs or other new sleds on the tracks at all. I saw the guy go through the fence. What a sad feeling to be going well over a hundred and have your trotlle stick and then to pull your tether and it not kill the motor. The sled didn't look bad as it came by us. Hood tweaked but not much else. I feel for the fool that buys the Polaris  Sled  that Blaze from Braaap was jumping with as it was a loaner from jack Nelson. He crashed it several times end over end. bent the crap out of the tunnel as thwey used a bobcaat to straighten it to ride LOL. And what was up with that guy sno crossing on a stock old polaris. Just plain dumb to pound that stocker like that,bottoming out over every bump. I did get a Woody's License plate though.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I almost forgot that I went there for a deal on a trailer as they said they were going to be dealing! Whatever!!!! I have a buddy I grew up with that sells triton and mid season he can give me better deals than they offered. There prices were nuts.
Caleb

·
Registered
303 Posts
I hear ya guys, I got there around 10, and I'd say by 12 i was ready to go.  The snow was cool, but only for the first maybe 3 races, then it turned into a slow mud race.  And for the idiots at Bratpack, well i'll just say after the second jump I was heading for  the truck.  Not to knock the event to much, but definitely sad as compared to what everyone was making it to be.  I did think the grass drags werent to bad for not being offically sponsored and that gaylord had the big one.  AS for the swap meet (what swap meet?) and the trailers, I agree to say their wasnt much dealing going on out there.  Does anyone know who own that trailer?  I ll be waiting for my call.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
FYI it was the Braaamp pack. The announcer said it wrong for hours. They sucked at jumping. I've never hit there ramps and I'll gaurantee that I could do the same except those heel clickers and s-mans. And you missed Blaze losing the Polaris time after time later in the day I take it.  And what was up with the Polaris rig not having a fricking Pro-X production sled or XC SP. Like we care about a fing SKS thatis a very poor rip off of the Renegade or that RMK 159"vertical escape. And the used sleds all bunched up together. There were some good deals on the used sleds though on severasl models.
Caleb

·
Registered
138 Posts
I personally think Jack Nelson did a great job for what he has gone through this last year. It cost somewhere around $150,000 for the snow he did manage to make. The Braaappack did a good job, considering everything. Heath (Arctic Cat) had a hole in his arm and the muscles messed up. Jim (Polaris) was in real bad shape from Friday. This was his first time on a sled in over 4 months. They were also using borrowed sleds from Nelson's. Those guys are not use to the Michigan humidity. Lets see any of you go out and put on a show like that after not riding all summer. The grass drags were a first year attempt. If you checked them out after the SnoX started, there was no one over there. Anyone of you that could rebuild a business that size and put on a show that big, GO FOR IT. Lets see what you got.

Now, my impressions on the new sleds. The Rev is actually a nice sled. It would be a great second sled for running some ditches and quick Sunday afternoon rides (3' bumps). Anyone that got one will be real happy with it (and I am not a SD fan at all). The RX1, is a pig. I tried to lift the front a couldn't budge it. Before you say I'm a wuss or something. I ca pick up the front of the XCR. It was quite though, except I could hear thew gears. They sound loose. The ProX were real nice, these will be the most underestimated sled. These ARE NOT edges. The Firecats they had there were still the preproductions. They might have some production models at Hay Days. They are try to get 500+ made by HayDays so they can race them.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I too thought the $15.00 bucks was a little high for what they put on. They could have done without the snow, I thought it was a farce for what little there was and the time it lasted, might as well just wet the track down and had a mud race.
Jack Nelson has an awsome place, could'nt believe the size of the showroom and the grounds. The only real deal I found was $10.00 a gal. yamalube and they even delivered it to my truck with a J.D. Gator they had running all day.
The swap meet, ya right, what a joke!
I thought the Bratpack did a great job, I would like to see anyone jump there sled 40 feet up into the air for 60 feet and land right side up [Caleb] LOL. All the events were pretty slow and people lost interest waiting but all in all it was a pretty good day and will get better with time........

·
Registered
741 Posts
Caleb, sorry I missed you. You should have called my cell phone. Also I am sorry for the way I answered my phone when your girlfreind called me. I had my phone set up to ring a certain way when it was from home, my wife went in and messed it up. And when I answered "yes dear" she sarted laughing, then  though she asked for "kayla" and told her "she's not here but I wish she was". Kind of funny my bud's were laughing at me for making a donkey out of myself. Kevin

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Kevin, Beth said dhe's calling your wife LOL. I tried calling you once I got there but it just rang. There was no snow when i was thwere at 230 except for the jumpers. And You giuys will see me jumping my butt off this winter. I could care less about crashing as that's what insurance is for. I try not to brake my neck  
!  And there is no way it cost 150,000 for some sno, no way. I've seen it done at Mt. Brighton in the middle of the summer for an event once. They blew it staight into truck.
Caleb

·
Registered
303 Posts
So how did they exactly get that snow there?  Which ever way they did it, i just hope they didnt pay 150,000 for it.  I guarentee for that kind of money I could find a better way to make it.   But i agree with you guys I have definite mixed feelings about the whole thing.  But i do have to admit It was nice to see all those sleds and the snow for the 30 mins it lasted.  And by the way SLED DOG, they did have the pro x 700 there.  I talked to the Polaris rep, and tried to get some info out of him about my 440, nothing.  But i think im gonna be very impressed and satisified with my 440 racer when it comes in.  I can't wait for winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, Maybe I hyped this thing up in my head too much. I was expecting something great. It was cool though to see some new sleds and see the mudcross races. I guess I was just expecting more in the swap-meet area and stuff. My buddy was kinda disapointed. I guess the only real reason to get there early was to get a good parking spot. lol
Not sure if I'll go next year or not. If I do, it will be just to pick up some wear/maintenance items like carbides, sparkplugs, and such. Didn't really have the money to spend this year anyway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts