Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went for a little rip to try my new 1.25 and i can't believe the hookup you get.It is like nite and day compared to the old 1 incher.I can only imagine what it would be like if i added studs.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I can't wait ot try mine either, I just put it on yesterday. Probably have a month or before I can try it out. I did put studs in mine, 144 down the center using double and single backers.

Just wondering if you lost any top speed?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't have enough room to hold it wide open long enough but i expect to lose some top end.Other guys that have ran the 1.25 say they lose some up top.By having it geared properly i don't expect it to be more than a few MPH.Does anyone out there know for sure how much you lose on top end?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I put a 1.25 on a 2000 700 and it gained about 6 sled lengths in a 1/8 mile but lost about 10 mph. on top no studs and we had a heel clicker on it and we could'nt get it back until we pulled the track and went to 1"

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ghostrider, I ordered it on my 800 Rev knowing I am going to have to play with the gearing and helix to try to get some of it back so I am curious if you made any changes in these areas or if the changes you made were only with the arms.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey 800 X. Where in Manitoba are you from. I live west of Winnipeg.

You can count on losing about 5 miles per hour at least with your 1.25 track. Last year i found that gearing made minor improvements on top end. The extra bit of lug really makes it harder for the sled to spin the track at high speeds.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Just finnished installing my 136 X 1.25 . Can't wait to tear up the snow, I already tried on grass and hooks up real good, in fact, I won't have to cut the grass next year :0: I've also installed a raised and pushed foward seat. It's about the same height as my bro's Rev. The ride feels exacly the same but that's on grass, can't wait to try it on a trail.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
what 1.25 are we talking? from what i have seen some guys actualy seem to have gainned top. i just bought the 1.25 preditor 9818 and i am hopping to gain. i was running stock with 144 1.125 studs. oh i am also running a 2000 machzrer

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah i heard good things about the predator 9818.I went with the OEM x-treme #504151815. I can't see losing 10 MPH on top like one guy posted,something is not right there.A Mach Z should have no problem spinning the added weight and friction of an 1.25.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Huh! You think that 1 1/4 hooks, you should try an 1 1/2! Of course the next guy with an 1 3/4 or 2" could say different too!
Hey man, you will love it unless your the kind of guy that has to do 190 mph. It will bring big grins to the face. You will never stud again! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
lol......... well u see im a little like that.... (speed) and the a little (a lot) in to drags... but see this is what im wondering bout the 9818 is lighter then a stock .88 and even more then with 144 studs in the stock. the 1.5 is much heavier and is not the preditor style it does out accelerate but then realy drags u down

·
Registered
319 Posts
what is the weight diffrence between a 1.250 track and a 1" track with 192 or 240 studs I would think the 1" track would weigh more and you dont hear people worring about adding the the extra weight of studs slowing them down on top end ???

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i think the only difference between the 2 tracks is that the 9818 has every third window full and i thought it was a little lighter. thats just the thing some people dont worry bout much....lol i am looking to improve from a stock.88 with 144 studs. the plan is to gain bottom and at the same increase my top end...... :sly:

·
Registered
55 Posts
From MCB Performance web site.

6679-9818 Powder / Soft Trail / Snocross Track.

Drive: Internal Pitch: 48
Width: 15" Profile: 1.25" (Stagger Lug)
Length: 121" Track Clips: Every 3rd Window is CLOSED (no clip)
Weight: 39 lbs

6679-9854 Very aggressive High Performance Trail / Race Track.

Drive: Internal Pitch: 48
Width: 15" Profile: 1.25" (Lug Height)
Length: 121" Track Clips: Every 3rd Window is CLOSED (no clip)
Weight: 34 lbs

http://www.mcbperformance.com/camoplast.html

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am also from Manitoba (in winnipeg)... I was STRONGLY presuaded by multiple dealerships and reps to NOT go longer than the 1" here in MB expecially with the bad snow we had last year. I heard that you can have alot more hyfax wear and worse, alot easier to tear a lug.

Which dealer did you MB guys buy your machines from?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Actually the 1 1/4 was a camo finger track, and the 1" is a comoplast predator speed track, also we lost 10mph from the stock .88. and we did not try to mess w/ gearing but I did try alot of different clutch parts such as helix ,springs, weights, ect. this is not the only one . A freind of mine owns a Cat dealership and his Thundercat that had alot of work and was very fast , he said he lost 10 or more on that machine, prior to that he had 200 studs in a .75 track. the problem w/ the track is not so much weight as is the windage inside the tunnel ,the taller lugs create a packing effect up frt.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I bought a 1.25" 9818. Cant WAIT to try it out on the snow!! I hated the stock .88" that thing sucked.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts