Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya'll,

I just picked up a new 2002 XC700SP for myself and a XC500SPX for the wife. Got a great price on leftover 2002's. I've read most of the stuff on the 500 overheating issue and will watch for it. My 700 is the black/red with yellow springs. I ordered red vents, bumpers, dash cover, hooks, fishbones/strips and a chrome Cobra 11" windshield. That's all for astetics.

I'm interested in what's hot in set-up and performance. Do I need to make any jetting changes, clutching changes, etc. to make it run right out of the box. What's the most common suspension settings on the RRSS and front spring preloads for fast trails and ditch banging. I'm a 200lb vet rider. I may not go for it this year but for sure next on big performance mods. What's the best pipe, clutch kit and other performance goodies for this machine. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Go to hardcoresledder.com and also enter 700xc in the "search this forum" on snowmobile world. Tons of info out there. I put 70 break in miles on my new 700 this past weekend and love it. I want a chrome windshield, but it only looks good parked in the garage. The grandpa windshields that come stock offer awseome wind protection. I am sure youre gonna like your new toys. gidddup!!!! :D :D

ps watch the video for suspension setups

·
Registered
348 Posts
My suggestion would be a Erlandson perf clutch kit in the 700. My buddy has the same sled and we set it up for a couple of speed runs and he did pop a 107 in 1000ft that is with ice picks though.
Many of the 700s polaris we installed his kits in work great and our customers are completely satified. :devil:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Team performance secondary,slp pipe and can will help alot :) ,here in Minnesota I use 420n jets and they also helped,1"1/4" track and some gearing has made for a 700 that beats up on most 8's,and will run with the rest no prob.Good luck SWRules

1 - 4 of 4 Posts