Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Naturally it has been criticized already but it's years ahead of anything the other brands have put out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Now that's innovation, makes the AC four stroke look like old news. My only question is why isn't it a fuelly?

I'll definitely have to go see that sled in person soon. just might be jumping ship after many years with AC if what's said about the sled in the reviews holds true.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
when those four strokers start to perform like a 2 stroke can you imagine all those jumping to it ? can you imagine no blown or scuffed pistons ? can you imagine the reliabilty ? wow can't wait.  

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
It looks and sounds like an awesome sled...would hate to trade Green for Blue.  The only good thing when a manufacturer does this, the competition has to follow up with something just as earthshattering, or better.  All brands will have better sleds within a year or two.  Kudos to Yamaha for an awesome sled...can't wait to ride one

·
Registered
193 Posts
Looks pretty sweet so far, actually I mean the technical stuff does, I'm still undecided about the looks/leaning towards liking it.

Provided it lives up to 90% of the hype in the real world, and proves itself a reliable sled over the next couple years, it's what I'll be riding when I'm ready for new again, unless one of the other manufactures one-ups them by then.

·
Registered
140 Posts
They claim it weighs the same as the SRX w/ a starter.   ITs supposed to accelerate faster than the SRX  and more top end.  There are reports of a top speed of 126mph w/ claims of 130mph.

If this is true I may be jumping ship
 The others better anty up quick if they want part of the four stroke market.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Sure sounds positive.  But I'll have to wait a few years, so I can afford a used version.  Thats alittle rich for my blood right now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks pretty close to what Redline has been TRYING to do for the last 4-5 years, at half the cost.  I have not been a big fan of Yamaha in the past (yes, I have ridden them), but this has definitely opened my eyes.  I rode the Cat 4-stroke and was real impressed, other than the lack of power.  Congrats to Yamaha, I think they just raised the bar.  I hope it has a better rear suspension to go with the A-arm in front.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The yammies torque was 65 % more only at the very bottom of its power curve, than the SRX. 126mph can be reached in about 1600 ft on a stock but well tuned 97 Mach Z. I wonder how far it took the 1000 Yamaha, I am guessing a little farther like 3/4 mile or so, but who knows. This makes Polaris and Cat need to come out with a 1000 or something with way more than there 48 horse 660!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Just remember Yamaha is working with years of motorcycle engines under their belt. ski-doo has none, polaris is still new and no hi perf. engines. cat has to start tickling suzuki to up the anti. Its a solid effort on yamaha's part if it lives up to expectations. Ive been told they have been R&D'ing this sled for 4 years so i hope they deliver a solid product. If so ill pay the extra money for a sled that needs its first servicing at 45,000 km for valve adjustment.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I wouldn't count doo out just yet.  They did just come out with the first 4stroke in a sea-doo.  I gotta belive that a lot of that technology would cross over to a sled.

One things for sure, were going to see lots of new ideas over the next few years.

FishHog

1 - 15 of 15 Posts