Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 2002 700xcsp last night!  My first new sled.  What do I have to do to break this thing in?  Its black, looks sweet.  My wife made me get the extended warranty.  Are they worth the money?  600 for extra 3 years.  I got the sled for 5700 so I still came out alright.  Also can I change the cluching and jetting without voiding the warranty?  What about the TPS?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am assuming this was a new sled right out of the crate?  If so, follow the instructions on the pre-mix tag that is tied to the fuel cap.  The fuel pre-mix info. should be in the owner's manual as well.  If not, a mix of 40:1 fuel to oil will work.

I would not adjust anything untill you get through the first tank of premix.  Then, get some of the Polaris carbon clean fuel additive and run a tank on that.  After that, check the track tension.  I have loosened the track to the point where high torque loads would ratchet the track, then tightened the track just a little.  Then I would clean the clutches to get the factory crap off of them.

Pull the limiter strap up to the tightest bolt, and unload some preload from the front IFS springs.  The sled will handle like on rails.

Go to this site for the TPS info.  (Saves me from typing.)
http://www.robertlyonsphotography.com/snowmobiling/

Taking jetting recommendations is fine, but always take responsibility and monitor plug colors at mid and WOT throttle positions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts